Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Experienced Panic Attacks? What do you do?
(03-19-2021, 02:52 AM)Kingzzz Wrote: Hey Furyan. I’m glad you found a way to help cope better, I found that if I exercise at least once a day it keeeps some of those nervous jitters at bay and it gives me a little more self esteem. Sometimes i can be the hardest critic of myself for no reason at all but I’ll give that a try. Thanks for sharing !

Hey Kingzzz,

Everyone has to find their own way my friend. I just have such a love for music it is my escape. Exercise I am sure helps as well.

Also remember YOU will always be the "hardest critic" of yourself. No one else is better qualified. It's a strength not a weakness

I hope you can find your peace Kingzzz

Peace All

Fury
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
I was having the worst panic attack in the park once and a guy came up to me and asked what was wrong. To most people in the middle of nyc they world not have noticed anything was wrong. I explained my anxiety attack (which stemmed from a recent head injury). And he sat with me and talked to me. At the end he said “love yourself”.

So yes not being hard on yourself is so important!

Music does help a lot when you can get lost in a melody and remember that bad feelings do pass
I have found that spending time with your own soul is often what brings us down to earth and help us plant our selves firmly... I know that anxiety and panic attacks are sometimes unexplainable and out of our control however if your one of the lucky ones who can diagnose it (not necessarily in the medical way) I am talking about using different technique to check what kind of impact it has on you, it's normally folks like those that get out of it for the most part. But if as a by produce of anxiety and panic attacks you also have a fear of trying new things, and don't try to pave a path forward yourself it becomes so much harder to overcome. I have some family who I feel would benefit if they didn't become so negative all the time or if they just did more spiritual things for the soul (I know som of you may not believe we have a soul and I respect your views) but the advice is all the same. I personally am a very psychological person so for me it goes to the opposite end. I'm so awake it's not even funny. I am constantly aware of my soroundings. I am an introvert, I pay attention to unnecessary details at times. I get utelized too often or get taken advantage of. It has to due with the fact that I am a very agreeable person. It's always agreeable people that get left behind because we don't like to hurt others, we put others in front of ourselves. It makes it difficult for us to stick to a career or go up in a career. Sorry went off on a tangent but the point is, how I explained myself is what we need to understand. We need to study ourselves and find our strengths and weakness and then try to tweak ourselves slowly but surely. Everything in life is better in moderation. My sister has severe migraines but for the love of God If she would just quit eating certain foods all together but she doesn't do so and deals with being a vegetable in bed for 24 hrs every time her migrain comes and she has 4 kids. What are those 4 kids to do in that situation they are too young. If her husband is not around those kids would starve. (although I believe it's God who sustains us and provides for all of us, but it's sustains us and provides us throug our parents when we are young) etc so sorry omg I must be in a different universe today lol I am almost tempted to delete everything I wrote but I'm sure someone will benefit from my scribbles
Smile  Smile  Angel  Big Grin Tongue NoOb Sig
Had a terrible accident at age 6 - put on a vent and went in and out of cardiac arrest multiple times both while sedated and while awake
Went on for months
Its been a battle off the life
Hardly a day goes by that the mind does not remember.
Its like always being 30 seconds from death at times
What helps is to focus - to study and to learn - I have educated myself to multiple degrees
Years and Years later is has never gone away.
Multiple meds and therapy - dont help
Benz are the only thing that helps when all goes bad
Not agrophobia, paranoia delusions - just the body re lives the dying process.
The older I get the easier it is to accept but I know it is what I have to live with
I am so sorry for all you have been through Whatapain.

But your experiences and studies have given me new information to possibly help people on the private covid forum I was asked to do, as those whom survive, many of them went through the vent. Had cardiac issues.

And u were but 6 yrs old. I cannot imagine the torment you have gone through.

Prayers, love and HUGS, whatapain. You are kind and brilliant and unique in many ways. Lord, we have the mind of Christ and i sincerely doubt that Jesus is reliving his experiences continuously. grant whatapain the peace that surpasses understanding.

So sorry my friend.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(03-16-2021, 03:10 AM)Kingzzz Wrote: I had one while driving. I’m sure it didn’t help that I was off my m3ds and my room mate was making me drive over an hour to a sketchy location because he was drunk and wanted to pick up a questionable lady of the night and we took his huge truck which I had never driven before and I remember on the highway headed there I just kept thinking so hard and my heart was sputtering. I got a really bad feeling before unlike anything I felt. Kinda like when you see stars but black stars and then they close in on your eyes. He ended up somehow grabbing the wheel and when I came to  we were in the side of the road. It was awful. I never go off the m3ds now. But god forbid some reason I don’t get them anymore idk what id do. But yea that was my most terrifying one.  I mean I have had them before but nothing like that. Just the perfect mixture of a lot of things going on in my head and my life that I guess my body just said time to reset. Not the best while on the highway. Stay safe guys. Hope everyone out there is doing okay. I know times are tough rn but it will brighten up

(04-12-2021, 05:55 PM)laughnowcrylater Man bro I know how you feel all well too much!!! And not bragging by any means bc I wouldn't wish the last month of my life on my absolute worst enemy!!! Imean, I LITERALLY didnt think I was going to be able to take it!!!??( so close so many times to calling the hospital it even got that bad and I dont go to the dr very often unless my skulls fractured!lol! You'd never imagine how terrible it was! But EVERYONE, I DID make it and if I can I promise I know alot of you can!?I know I keep repeating kinda but in the moment of a full blown attack you dont really remember much bc of the state of panic your in! I spend ALL DAY worrying myself to death about anything n everything my brain can fixate on, in which I do military breathing exercises which hardly helps n comes right back but as you should  know alot of not most of your Gabba is stored in your gut. So the better your diet and health is it helps alot with that from what I've learned over the years! For real man. But I've always had to have some kind of medication to help! I tried the taper for the last 3 yrs and I've went down hill ever since it started!! I cant even work and my gut is unexplainable  so many multi trips to the bathroom! And I'm literally exhausted by the ti.w all that s over bc it takes so much easy from ya, ya know!?Pretty much needs to Say it was one of the worst things I've ever went thru, like a full own panic episode for weeks to a month on End, which was justast wk!! You talk about going INSANE my friend! WOW!! Thanks fully I finally got some reading materials to calle down! I love reading....so peacful!!? Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 03:10 AM)Kingzzz Wrote: I had one while driving. I’m sure it didn’t help that I was off my m3ds and my room mate was making me drive over an hour to a sketchy location because he was drunk and wanted to pick up a questionable lady of the night and we took his huge truck which I had never driven before and I remember on the highway headed there I just kept thinking so hard and my heart was sputtering. I got a really bad feeling before unlike anything I felt. Kinda like when you see stars but black stars and then they close in on your eyes. He ended up somehow grabbing the wheel and when I came to  we were in the side of the road. It was awful. I never go off the m3ds now. But god forbid some reason I don’t get them anymore idk what id do. But yea that was my most terrifying one.  I mean I have had them before but nothing like that. Just the perfect mixture of a lot of things going on in my head and my life that I guess my body just said time to reset. Not the best while on the highway. Stay safe guys. Hope everyone out there is doing okay. I know times are tough rn but it will brighten up
Started having severe panic attacks just after Xmas 2020. Unfortunately one day I woke up with what felt like a permanent panic attack along with crippling depression. Crying like a baby and couldn't get out of bed for months. Rocking back and forth to self soothe. Hence no posts in so long. Therapy didn't help but seemed to make things worse as I was over-thinking. Beta-blockers helped with the physical symptoms, other meds with the mental ones. I never thought a combination of panic disorder and severe depression could feel like literal hell on Earth. I was very close to the the edge......despite having a wonderful wife and 2 young beautiful daughters. Lockdown and gyms closing made things worse. I never believed I would be able to read a book again.....let alone use the internet or forum. 

A book called 'Reasons to Stay Alive" by a great author called Matt Haig really helped me. Talks about the hell of anxiety and depression and how there is hope.
One thing I've learned recently is those nasal strips that open up your breathing pathways work pretty well even as a placebo. Just having the extra oxygen can be a game changer. I keep a pack around , go outside and "try to go to your happy place" like my dad used to say. Corny but it works. Even just mouthing positive words like "everything's great." Stopping the negative stream of thoughts is pretty important as I feel attacks are 70 percent mental. This too shall pass, as they say!
@coffeedude22. I’m going to try that with the nasal strips! I recently purchased since my allergies snd snoring situation are out of control. I to suffer from anxiety and look for ways to take the edge off without resorting to meds. (Which i have no problem taking if it’s a bad attack)

It’s good to have a variety of tools to help!
I’ve been panic attack free for a while now but last week my husband was in a car accident. He was in the car with my two dogs. Thankfully everyone is fine but the car is totaled.

Today out of the blue in the supermarket I started getting an anxiety attack the feeling that I was going to die I started to sweat, heart racing etc. I made it to the checkout line and I was really close to just running out of the store but instead I started talking to the cashier who is this really sweet young teenager talking to her I was able to focus on buying what I needed and it distracted me from my anxiety. I was so thankful to the sweet person who had no idea the inner turmoil I was going through.

I guess now my anxiety is back because of what happened with my husband but learning how to deal with it and talk myself through helps as this reading the posts on here. It is possible to feel like you’re gonna die one second and then just as quickly you can push that thought out of your head with a positive one.