Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very sad soul uch
Welcome and good luck on your journey to wellness. Don't give up, there are many other options to try. Not suggesting anything but as an example, someone I know went to a ketamine clinic after years of depression and found some relief.
(09-13-2018, 07:22 PM)Scoobie Wrote: Welcome and good luck on your journey to wellness. Don't give up, there are many other options to try. Not suggesting anything but as an example, someone I know went to a ketamine clinic after years of depression and found some relief.

I might have to get rid of my psychiatrist and find a new one. Mine tortured me on Zoloft. I am going to ask for ketamine on my next visit.
As everyone says you have come to the right place. When you get enough posts, Go to the lounge and check out some of the fun topics as well. This is a very diverse place and you can learn a lot. Also there are a lot of very nice people here. So this country is tough on people, don’t Think you are not normal. I mean what is normal anyway? Normal is boring, perhaps you are special. I like being a freak myself. But I’m silly, and I know what you’re saying. But don’t worry my friend, and I know it’s hard, but do your best to look positive as much as you can. there is nothing that makes anybody on this earth better than you. We are all the same, no matter what. So give yourself some credit as it takes a lot of guts to say something like that to strangers. But we are no longer strangers. Read through what the veterans say in some of the most interesting threads and that’s a good place to start. Good luck and see you around the watering hole
Buspar actually works really well, it's the only thing I've had under a doctors care that truly changed my anxiety disorder. I'm no doctor but L-theanine worked really well for getting a good nights sleep, it's basically the calming version of green tea. You can find it at a place like Vitamin Shoppe or whole foods, most food stores won't have it. It works great for sleep and is virtually non-addictive. Good luck and much empathy to you brother
Hey Wannabenormal! Just want to let you know I've been there also. This forum, our family will do our best to listen and give you encouragement! I also will pray for you. Please read as much as you can. It will help you! Be well. And welcome!!
I’m still suffering so much. I found a new psychiatrist who scripted me xyrem for my debilitating insomnia and guess what, I’m one of the few who managed to build tolerance to that. It’s insane. I have the worst anxiety and the worst luck. Now the guy for no reason hinted he’s going to drop me, because I guess I was honest with him that I built tolerance to the xyrem. I don’t even get it. He was charging me so much per visit anyhow. He accepted no insurance. I don’t know.

My life is such torture right now. In reality, I have no reason to live. I can’t sleep. Can’t go to the gym. Can’t work. Can’t go to school. Nothing. All because I have the most extreme anxiety and insomnia imaginable. I have a body that builds tolerance to everything.
do not be unprepared. a Psychiatrist takes a long time to find. He must have great credentials. And he must care about patients.

Start looking for another. And, yes, most doctors at all levels in US have been restricted to smaller dosages and certain meds only to script.

But, there may be something in ur records.

You may have to go for a sleep study. Insurance paid for my niece.

And look for other Psychs. Cuz just cuz u r anxious, and cannot go out, it does not mean life is over. I have physical reasons also that make it hard for me to go out. I do it when i have to.

But, u can take college courses for free in NY area now. free. ONLINE COURSES THAT ALLEGEDLY COUNT. u can work at home with places like google etc. Keep all records cuz online jobs are often scams. I had to sue as an attorney and recoup every penny i allegedly made. Avoid google. They had a course one took. Then one wrote advertisements. Turns out google thought they could charge us to put up ads for google. idiots. so forget google.

Always be prepared to contact your bank for cc fraud if an online employer tries to take advantage of u.

I have never been a happy happy joy person. I concentrate too much on others pain. Helping them. Cuz i know what it is like to have almost no one worry about me. Childhood on.

But u can make ur own life. And make it good. As u age. Put this problem in perspective. Get schooling online for free. Check NY programs. And check for psychs whom u bond with.

Good luck. If u were dying in agony rite now, no help, no home, then i could see ur level of depression. But, there is much we don't know here.

Just be prepared with new psychs to try. And, many doctors get upset if patient mentions a med they want. u gotta follow their instructions to build a raport. k?
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Hey Wannabenormal;
                                 welcome to the forum and please add my prayers for you.

You have many issues which you would like to make normal but normal in itself has a wide spectrum.
Your issues are many as you have outlined in your initial posts about how you cannot sleep, cannot go to the gym, cannot work, cannot go to school etc.; and now a shoulder problem to boot.

< not being a professional at all > I would make a small suggestion to try just one thing.
                                                       You cannot resolve all of these issues at once.
But you may be able to address one of them. Take this day and make a priority to make a small change to one. 

You have made a change already by seeking help here....................................all my hopes .....Folken
Hi wannabenormal, you are a special person and God has a plan for you. You will be in my prayers.
Faith and fear can not coexist  Angel
Thank you everyone and thank you charon for the special advice. I have been through so many psychiatrists already. I pay the expensive initial consult and then always get screwed by them. No psychiatrist in nyc accepts insurance. I mean I have tried but those absolutely refuse to do anything. The ones who accept cash do a drop to help but then really don’t help someone as complex as me. I need to find one that will help me. It’s goijg to take so much work finding another one. I can’t believe this idiot psych told me that he’s pretty much cuttting me off. Like he said he’s going to think about whether or not he’s going to keep me as a patient. I did nothing but be honest with him. I’m such a fool for being honest with him.
And I have so much anxiety and depression that doing anything is a chore. Sometimes I don’t move from my bed all day. Today I sat on my couch all day. I wish I could do productive things. I really do. I remember the last shrink I went to suggested nefazadone but I was too scared to take it because of the liver issues. Perhaps I should of taken that. From what I read, it seems most people who took it, experiences a very improved outloook on life. The issue is it’s own creator removed it from the market because of the liver failures. It’s only available in one generic form here. I should of taken it.