Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very sad soul uch
no, please. years ago we had normal medicines. and we could obtain them to treat family members. we had doctors.

we had it the way it is supposed to be.

but, big pharma is a very powerful group whom scares most doctors. the rest dont want to lose their licenses for what should still be deemed standard care in the industry.

i shall Pm u someday. Man, did i have a doozy. I should have cost him his license.

Hang in there. Ok, life gets a helluva lot better. then worse. but u got many yrs to go before u hit the phase of the unknown autoimmunes.

You have friends now.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Welcome to the forum Wannabenormal! I am sorry to hear of your struggles with your psychiatrist. I know they can be hard to find and then sometimes you find the right one and they won't give you the right medicine. After many similar situations myself I found a medium here at IOP. With everyone here AND the psychiatrist, things seem to work out. It took almost two decades and my advice is to be as honest as you need to in order to "feel normal". Though I think normal is relative to every person, which makes it a mental struggle.. Sorry if I am confusing LOL. We all have some sort of mental warfare to battle, rest eventually becomes the greatest escape from the mayhem. Well, good luck with your adventure here at IOP and read read read! Happy Holidays & Happy New year!
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
my elder sister was a big shot pres of radiology hospitals in NYC and a womans clinic.

it was the learning years about anti depressants for the psychs. Meh, i stopped after two months tops as it interfered with my ability to perform in academia.

However, one wise thing my sister shared, was to only share with any doctor, psych or general practitioner, ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS.

quite a bit can backfire on a patient with the greatest of purpose. Surely, it seems to properly treat a patient, one must have a sharing relationship. Well, u gotta talk. But, doctors were still taught to look at patients as drug seekers.

They are rather a quirky group. And the one i saw was allegedly world famous. But he was determined to play games with anti depressants on me. Nope. interfered with my ability to think clearly. And my dx was I put others before my own needs. And, i was a catholic prude. I seriously doubt many others thought that cuz people can be such lying rumor mongerers.

The world famous psych felt it would behoove me to prostitute for a few nites. To be the real me.

Never saw him again. My doctor sister would have his license revoked. I was about sixteen.

So, best of luck finding the right one for you. But never assume they r wise. Or have an ounce of humanity in them.

You keep a journal of poems and music and write out how u r feeling. You work on yourself and maybe psych will have some good ideas.

I did want to be one at first. Till my elder sister vivisected a baby pig. I decided to become a doctor of law. Usually less killing in the same room as the attorney.

But now u r older. u have a long way to go to understand you. To devise goals and plans to become more of whom u want to be.

It is up to u. It is best to do ur own therapy whilst ur psych does his best. Mine was an idiot. But, it encouraged me to spend time self analyzing.

And, i know its hard to believe, but life gets better for a long while. It will. Don't take any meds that are experimental.

You are not meant to go home yet. Horses padukkah doctor. I commend the doctor with enough intestinal fortitude whom put a warning out on a med he created due to side effects. He is one of the good ones. May u find one also with a conscience like that. Most doctors r terrified of FDA and all their rules and regs. and the other alphabet boys.

Good luck. Much of this is study. And u training ur emotions and thoughts to go where u want them to go. To do one positive thing a day. Help another and u will feel better. If bad thoughts try to come into ur mind, u refuse them. Think of things that are wholesome and encouraging. Loving toward others and you.

Things will improve with the right attitude. Doctors. And, meds. Keep a journal to study ur patterns so u dont keep repeating them.

You can stay as u are. You can change whom u are. you can do anything that is really impt to you.

Come see us here and focus on you and obtaining some level of happiness. I know it is possible.

God bless you. Things can get so much better. They can.

Hold on. Many of us care about others here. k?
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Hey Wannabenormal18, I was reading a bit about your plight. Have you considered an inpatient stay for a while? One of my good friends did that in NYC, and they were able to really help her. Check into your insurance--there are SO many good places in NYC.

I know it might sound extreme, but you sound like you're really suffering and you might need some in depth monitoring and tinkering to find the root of what is going on.

PM me if you want to know where she went.