Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long can you go without your meds ?
havent posted in a while guess this topic came to head to liven things up here, recently ive took a break of absitence from my vals, and have to say first day went by great, second day could feel some of the senses coming back- such as sex drive, increased energy so not feeling tired by mid day, interestingly sleep was better as well, usually have bad insomnia, but anyway by 3rd day end i could feel wds kicking in.think my longest run was almost a week but by the end of it i was in state of different wds over days time usual ones you get that increase in intensity with each day.

Now im not advocating cold turkey as its dangerous for those of us long term on any benzo, but found that with vals i can take few days break every few weeks, does help having clear head and being sort of normal, where any anxiety or panic gets sort of muted and you still function as normal. Now i know this is due to long lasting effects and buildup, and dont wish it on anyone to endure situations where they would be stuck in position without any help and have to endure wds without meds, anyway just wanted to share this and see how others manage or cope when taking or running out of b@nzos.
yeah get what you mean ff, i do like to have one or two cold ones on top sometimes thou not recommending that but almost 10 years in i know what i can handle and dont abuse it much, my point was thou that its possible to take days off meds, i know i used sometimes to totally forget to take any for the day and be like fine guess long lasting benzos are good at that,its possible to take less or none for day or so and still be fine. Alp on the other hand would be completely different story taking a week or so and you go into constant wds in couple hours. just not viable option.
I can’t go a day without getting a withdrawal. I tried to come off with a psychiatrists help and had 3 seizures in one night. I never thought it would happen to me but it did
Everyone's experience is slightly different, after the help of my MD with taper which I admit I was inconsistent with. I had no choice but ct or go into dtx which was the worst experience of my life. I was diagnosed with two chronic illnesses but was in pretty good health until having to go through ct, and suffered further complications and with epilepsy running in my family it did not help at all. Now i have a further list of medical problems which required me to make drastic life changes.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy, and take it from my experience never ct. I'm lucky to be here writing this.
Success!
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
Just wanted to add something about ‘letting professionals in’ regarding your state of mind. I have little trust. And by even showing a glimpse of dark thoughts can put you in a worse position...not saying don’t talk, but be very. Freaking. Careful.

If you get a chance, watch the movie UNSANE. It should be available to stream on any popular service. The plot gets a bit scary but does expose/inform the audience about what can happen if you spill the beans to the wrong people. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to talk to a therapist bc it might save you unnecessary grief and $$$...

UNSANE can be seen on prime. If mods can merge with previous post, please do!
I think my longest was a month off diaz, when I was doing cold turkey. After 3 years of usage, never again.

The worst experience of my life, now I know it might sound horrible but when a family member had passed away it felt like the end of the world. But I could function and go through bereavement. This however does not even come close, you can't function, you feel like your dying, seizing needing someone to look after you. Absolute hell, pure hell! That I will never forget! This was a while ago, and it still brings tears and shivers down my spine.
Success!
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
My seizure meds, one days tops, my antidepressants, I can go a day or two without feeling it. My add meds I can go all the time I want to without a life threatening issue.
I cannot go 5 hours without my benzos or I risk a seizure. Back in June, I had 3 huge seizures which caused me to break my scapula
Now at a tapering stage, I can't go any longer than 2 days max. I start to feel wd on day one but mild day two is when i realy need it to function at some level
Success!
Some people cannot go more than a day, and there is absolutely nothkng wrong with that. It's like asking a disabled person "how long can you go without your wheelchair/crutches"...they are there for a reason. Pain, anxiety, ADHD, whatever mental or physical illness people are dealing with, the stigma against medicating should be banished since we know by now it is not a sign of weakness. If anything, looking for solutions to improve your life through medication to ensure you can have a higher quality of living than before shows strength and courage in a person. Better to be on meds and living than off them and merely existing.