Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buprenorphine, Subutex & Suboxone
Look when I was 27 I was working at Bellevue in Nyc and I had suboxone just in case of emergencies but I took a teaching position at Swarthmore College to get away from all the bad stuff in my early twenties.I rented a house in East Falls near Drexel School of Medicine and had five suboxone and kicked my habit. I have never done an opiate since, excluding the time I shattered my humerous. It wasn't the acute withdrawl that got me it was the post acute withdrawl for a year of no energy, cravings and so I stay as far away from opiates as I can. I like them too much and it took me a couple years to really not think about them.Unles you are suffereing in a way that isn't livable I would steer clear because before you know it....Boom you are physically addicted and that isn't you it's the drug man.
(08-27-2018, 09:18 PM)pickles77 Wrote: Look when I was 27 I was working at Bellevue in Nyc and I had suboxone just in case of emergencies but I took a teaching position at Swarthmore College to get away from all the bad stuff in my early twenties.I rented a house in East Falls near Drexel School of Medicine and had five suboxone and kicked my habit. I have never done an opiate since, excluding the time I shattered my humerous. It wasn't the acute withdrawl that got me it was the post acute withdrawl for a year of no energy, cravings and so I stay as far away from opiates as I can. I like them too much and it took me a couple years to really not think about them.Unles you are suffereing in a way that isn't livable I would steer clear because before you know it....Boom you are physically addicted and that isn't you it's the drug man.
Very recongnisable to me!
I started using opioid medications recreationally, though I did have the occasional toothache or car accident to warrant a valid script. Throughout my getting on and off the wagon I have taken all 3 (methadone, Suboxone, and Subutex), and am currently on Subutex and have been for about 3 years. It has been a lifesaver for me, and although I am okay with taking it for the long haul, I wish I had been warned that it was incredibly hard to withdraw from. I tried it once, flushed my remaining pills and went cold turkey. I would absolutely not recommend this, as I ended up in the psych ward a month later with severe depression.
I've been on suboxone for a few months, and i've managed to taper down... but man, that last few steps are hell. Maybe it's psychosomatic but taking that last leap has proved impossible. My mood and motivation nosedives which I can't afford to keep productive.

Has anyone had a similar experience? The choice left to me is to continue long-term, but i'd really rather not. Has anyone tried methadone with better results?