Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raneem IOP...Any Experience?
I registered for a subscription with a site called raneem, its an IOP i happened to run across.   I got a phone call from them today and the guy seemed awful pushy, and desperate to get my credit card number so I would go ahead and subscribe, that way he could get it shipped out.   He told me they used fedex and could get it to me within 3 days, and I suggested using COD to pay for the magazine services once it arrived, he didnt like that idea and just seemed a little too pushy....Anyone have any experience with this site?  I  didnt subscribe, wanted to see if my new friends here had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance....always
this sounds like blacklist material. u dont want to just enquire of a vendor, and then have him or her contact you pushing you to order.

something is wrong with that picture. may be building a business. maybe right out of prison for scamming.

but many here just get menus or check out new vendors. on their quest.

and i think most of us would be beyond pissed to thereafter have vendor trying to force us to order.

anyone else hear of them?
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(07-31-2018, 01:30 PM)Charon Wrote: this sounds like blacklist material.  u dont want to just enquire of a vendor, and then have him or her contact you pushing you to order.

something is wrong with that picture. may be building a business. maybe right out of prison for scamming.

but many here just get menus or check out new vendors.   on their quest.

and i think most of us would be beyond pissed to thereafter have vendor trying to force us to order.

anyone else hear of them?

I agree, my intuition told me not to fall for it.   That being said Charon, can we make our friends and members are aware of their unorthodox practice, and to definitely proceed with caution if they choose to proceed at all.
off to blacklist. VENDOR IS IN NO WAY SUGGESTED AS BEING VIABLE AND OR VALID. PROCEED AT OWN RISK. u dont want a vendor trying to strong arm u. esp if he has ur payment methods info.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(07-31-2018, 05:24 PM)Charon Wrote: off to blacklist.  VENDOR IS IN NO WAY SUGGESTED AS BEING VIABLE AND OR VALID.  PROCEED AT OWN RISK.  u dont want a vendor trying to strong arm u.  esp if he has ur payment methods info.

Charon, I gotta stop and give credit where credit is due.   Thank you for replying  to every question I have had, and being sooo on top of your game.
I agree with everybody else in regards to this.

As a rule I wont trust any vendor that is pushy. If they are as professional and as good as they usually claim to be, then generally they are doing well enough to not need to pressure a single person into using them.

Also im STRONGLY against anybody that needs my phone number and actually uses it to try and make sales. There is a couple of people I actually trust and have given my phone number to, but they have never rung me or texted me for any reason ever. They only need it as a requirement for a particular shipping method, and guaranteed me it would not be used for pushing a sale.

There is a pretty big list of major reddish flags, with enough reading and experience it will become second nature, alarm bells will ring as soon as one of these things pop up. On occasion I have been pleasantly suprised by a company with red flags that turn out to be legit but, thats a time when it feels good to be wrong lol
Code:
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."