Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SUMMER FEST 2018 PARTY THREAD FOR MEMBERS
Photo 
Hi,

this is the official Summer Fest 2018 thread for members to use - post comments, questions, ideas, funny summer pics or stories they'd like to share, tell us about vacations enjoyed or perhaps own personal 'dream vacation' (pictures welcome!), songs you associate with summer....

Please use this thread to post anything about Summer Fest 2018, along with using other forum threads such as Music Chat - a great place to share summer concerts you've attended and/or videos.

Anyway, this is for you - the member's thread - to share in our Summer festivities.

The Summer Fest 2018 Schedule thread will keep you informed of activities, and any announcements.

The Public Cafe Linville thread also has lot of info - and sometimes lot of food & drink  
Don't Forget 420 Happy Hour everyday in Cafe Linville thread.
  Cool

[Image: summer-860x480.jpg]

Please make comments and other Summer Fest posts on this Party Thread for Members,
not on the Summer Fest 2018 SCHEDULE thread.

We're trying to keep the schedule thread for activities and announcements clear and easy to read.  

Thank you!
The Beach Boys always remind me of fun summer dayz ....

[Image: 20c8fdaa677da35ebdc5b00b847e6134.jpg]

Fun, Fun, Fun Released in 1964

[Image: 220px-Keep_an_Eye_on_Summer_1964.jpeg]

Get Around Released in 1964 On Album All Summer Long

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

The Beach Boys- California Girls (1965)

[Image: 220px-Surfin%27USACover.jpg]

Surfin’ U.S.A. Released in 1963

[Image: 220px-Kokomo.jpg]

Kokomo Released in 1988

And I couldn't resist a remake by David Lee Roth and Van Halen Smile

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

California Girls [HD] - David Lee Roth
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Video 

When my children were growing up we often went to a local swim lake.

One time my youngest son, barely 3 yrs old, told me he needed to "pee pee".  I told him to go ahead, since we were located near water directly in front of concession stand and bathrooms.  I watched him walk to the building with bathrooms/concessions.

Very shortly after my son left for bathroom, I heard being announced over the broadcast speaker, 
"Little boy peeing in front of concession stand... Little Boy peeing in front on concession stand...."

I glanced up in time to see my son standing directly in front of concession window urinating in the sand - before I could do anything he finished urinating , pulled swim trunks up and quickly ran back into shallow area of lake where he was playing.

Kinda hid my head, looking around to see if anyone knew the kid belonged to me.... but no one looked at me.
(I was so glad he didn't run over to tell me he "peed all by himself"....)

I rationalized "Well, there's nothing I can do about it now.  At least he didn't urinate in the water  ? "

Taught him not to urinate in the swimming water.... didn't think to tell him not to urinate publicly in the sand,  in front of concession stand 
Blush

"Let your tongue speak what your heart thinks."   --Davy Crockett
That’s a funny story DW , of a summer time happening.
Happy Summerfest!

This song is a great summer song because it takes me back to summers when I was a teenager. We all hung out in a group & the video is spot on as it was like that for us during the summer. Wonderful times....

Aerosmith reminds me of summer because we played it constantly the summer when their first album came out.
This too shall pass. Heart
Video 
[video=youtube]watch?v=6cbX4DUACYU&list=RD6cbX4DUACYU&t=10[/video]

[video=youtube]watch?v=Z4q_MZ7CRvI&list=RDZ4q_MZ7CRvI&t=137[/video]

[Image: il_570xN.984388902_5uay.jpg?version=0]

[video=youtube]watch?v=oX9esXzzO7w[/video]
O0oops ... I tink I lost one... Sorry bout dat ..

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Video 

Thanks for helping, ICE. I'm not sure what I did wrong. ?

Please don't forget 420 is in the public Cafe Linvllle thread - with food and drinks provided.
You are welcome to bring along some food and drinks, can always use more!
Big Grin
Photo 
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]