Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The curse of The End of Financial Year
It is that dreaded time of the year again. My entire workplace has gone insane, a multitude of interconnected departments all trying like madpeople to justify their budgets for the start of the next financial year, and destruction has been left in their wake. For a highly prestigiois private hospital, this means chaos has ensued.

I am going through my worst period of stress and sleeplessness than i have ever had. Yet all I can think about is how this has happened every year since forever and these highly experienced department heads have forgotten in the madness thay no matter what all their budgets are equally important, and the CEO and planning teams know this.

They need to take a step back, calm down and reflect on the past and change this pattern.

Yet this frequent train of thought is highly ironic, because despite knowing this I have become equally stressed and think about work all the time currently, though knowing the frustration of them not seeing their mistakes is the root of all evil.

I think for my own mental health a couple of weeks off are in order, and their precious budget can be responsible for paying my sick leave days.

This isnt spite, this is an awareness that work isnt life. A cautionary reminder to all that even though we all rely on work and it consumes a heavy portion of our weeks. We cant let it break us, because at the end of the day money may be precious, but our happiness and sanity are far more precious.

We are only human, this is our greatest strength and our greatest weakness, appreciate the life we have.
Code:
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."