Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Age and anxiety?
I fit right in on this thread. I pursued a career in music. Rock music. I followed that and gave up family. Now that's over and I am in my early 50's. Sleepless, anxiety and bouts of depression. Always thought that was just creativity. Nope.
Great advice in this thread. If you can, physical activity is always therapeutic. I also suggest an app called Head Space and just try it for 2 minutes before you crash. Also things that helped me.... white noise, a loud fan, oil diffuser. No B's for me I am allergic. Nyquil def works but that stuff is very nasty. I go for Z's a 1/2 or Full every other night. I am taking piano lessons too that seems to help believe it or not. Oil painting as well. Something that gets my mind off any $#!T that might be floating around in my head.

"Sometimes Salvation in the Eye of the Storm"
                   The Black Crowes

(06-04-2019, 09:40 PM)LMT737 Wrote: I fit right in on this thread. I pursued a career in music. Rock music. I followed that and gave up family. Now that's over and I am in my early 50's. Sleepless, anxiety and bouts of depression. Always thought that was just creativity. Nope.
Great advice in this thread. If you can, physical activity is always therapeutic. I also suggest an app called Head Space and just try it for 2 minutes before you crash. Also things that helped me.... white noise, a loud fan, oil diffuser. No B's for me I am allergic. Nyquil def works but that stuff is very nasty. I go for Z's a 1/2 or Full every other night. I am taking piano lessons too that seems to help believe it or not. Oil painting as well. Something that gets my mind off any $#!T that might be floating around in my head.

LMT737, I hope you're doing fine. I hadn't heard of the Head Space app but will check it out. I tried white noise for awhile but way before that there was that square 20 inch 3 speed fan that I started using in in college many moons ago and still use today. Only problem is when I check into a hotel or someplace then I realize that relaxing sound isn't there  Smile 

and I get zero sleep. All in all I look at it as a more than fair trade off
(06-04-2019, 09:40 PM)LMT737 Wrote: I fit right in on this thread. I pursued a career in music. Rock music. I followed that and gave up family. Now that's over and I am in my early 50's. Sleepless, anxiety and bouts of depression. Always thought that was just creativity. Nope.
LMT737, thanks for the suggestion of the app Head Space...a little on expensive side for the year but better on the monthly, so I went ahead and got it. Will try it out tonight  Smile
(06-05-2019, 04:49 PM)Lockes Wrote:

LMT737, I hope you're doing fine. I hadn't heard of the Head Space app but will check it out. I tried white noise for awhile but way before that there was that square 20 inch 3 speed fan that I started using in in college many moons ago and still use today. Only problem is when I check into a hotel or someplace then I realize that relaxing sound isn't there  Smile 

and I get zero sleep. All in all I look at it as a more than fair trade off

Right on ! All good here ! Thanks.

"Sometimes Salvation in the Eye of the Storm"
                   The Black Crowes