Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBD lotion/oil
Good day my friends!

I have used 150mg CBD lotion from a local source (about 3 months now) and had outstanding results.  I recently had surgery to replace my elbow and out of all the things I have tried, CBD lotion was the best hands down.  Stops spasms, pain, swelling, so much more.  Not to mention it cured my moms skin cancer!  Yes GONE! She had it on her neck for a few years and after about a month of lotion it stopped itching.  She went to the doctor and he said it was like it never existed!  Of course I love my THC!  But until I get my MMJ card (very expensive and difficult where I am right now)  I'll stick with the old fashion way.   I would love to know of some better vendors for this product though!  If you have any questions about cannabis feel free to PM me.  I lived in Los Angeles for a few years and have some pretty extensive knowledge of all topics.  Much love and God bless!
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
Depending on where you live, that dictates the brand of CBD lotion you can get. Most, not all, but most companies are not yet licensed to sell across states lines. If you live in california, you choices are huge. However, you will see a big difference between north and Southern California. Companies in general are just not set up for massive sales. In california since it is legal both recreational and medical, some sites will deliver to you as long as you can show them a medical card and a drivers luc from the state.

I also know,what is sold in Washington state--topical s that is you can't get in california.

OR
Not to argue OR, but I'm holding some CBD balm in my hands right now although it is a sample made by friends that are formulating there topical for future sales. Practice, practice, practice Smile Yes I'm in California. Things are still being sorted out here and many conservative cities will not allow rec. storefront shops, delivery only. By the end of the year I'm sure things will get better. Right now I need to drive about an hour to get to a rec storefront.
I visited my first rec mj store in CA yesterday and they were very professional with a large selection. It was a 3hr round trip but well worth it. They did carry CBD and THC balm/topicals. Hopefully a storefront will open in my area as everything is delivery only medical and recreational. No medical card necessary for many vendors. Good luck to all that are seeking safer alternatives for anxiety and pain.
Mom I'm,
So glad you had a large choice to pick from. Some of the storefronts only carry certain brands just like a Safeway would. I have been really lucky and can find what I need on a regular basis. Just like with everything it is still trial and air with the topical/balm. Some work better on others, etc.
OR
CBD is absolutely wonderful and acts as a wonderful alternative to traditional Doctor prescribed mess but without all the nasty side effects. I swear on it, this stuff does wonders for anxiety.
(11-24-2018, 08:15 PM)fundiefighter Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 07:48 PM)Glousck Wrote: CBD is absolutely wonderful and acts as a wonderful alternative to traditional Doctor prescribed mess but without all the nasty side effects. I swear on it, this stuff does wonders for anxiety.

I did try taking it for my anxiety but had the opposite reaction to the variety (indica) that most people find relaxing and good for anxiety.  I found out after the fact that a small but significant percentage of people have the same reaction that I did, where it does anything but relax you, so I'm not alone with that happening.  I was actually OK with the sativa as far as it not making me more anxious and it seeming to have a weird calming effect that's kind of hard to describe, but I didn't stick with it very long.  I've been thinking that maybe I should give it another try and stick with it longer this time.  I actually still have quite a bit of it left from when I tried it before.

That is indeed a shame...are you 100% sure your vendor is reliable? I've received CBD from established vendors and CBD from amateurs and the difference is like night and day. Some people also respond better to capsules or vaping or sublingual dosing of the CBD oil. Vaping kicks in almost immediately but doesn't last as long whereas capsules take 30-60 mins to kick in but will still have residual effects lingering after 12 hours. It's just about finding what works for you. It is expensive though so I don't recommend spending hundreds on CBD just in case you are a non responderm
My mother suffers from chronic pain and takes a load of pills to help. Of course they take the edge off but she is still suffering. I need some of this stuff for her. I will have to have a good look around to make sure i get the proper stuff!!
(11-25-2018, 12:40 PM)fundiefighter Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 03:55 AM)Glousck Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 08:15 PM)fundiefighter Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 07:48 PM)Glousck Wrote: CBD is absolutely wonderful and acts as a wonderful alternative to traditional Doctor prescribed mess but without all the nasty side effects. I swear on it, this stuff does wonders for anxiety.

I did try taking it for my anxiety but had the opposite reaction to the variety (indica) that most people find relaxing and good for anxiety.  I found out after the fact that a small but significant percentage of people have the same reaction that I did, where it does anything but relax you, so I'm not alone with that happening.  I was actually OK with the sativa as far as it not making me more anxious and it seeming to have a weird calming effect that's kind of hard to describe, but I didn't stick with it very long.  I've been thinking that maybe I should give it another try and stick with it longer this time.  I actually still have quite a bit of it left from when I tried it before.

That is indeed a shame...are you 100% sure your vendor is reliable? I've received CBD from established vendors and CBD from amateurs and the difference is like night and day. Some people also respond better to capsules or vaping or sublingual dosing of the CBD oil. Vaping kicks in almost immediately but doesn't last as long whereas capsules take 30-60 mins to kick in but will still have residual effects lingering after 12 hours. It's just about finding what works for you. It is expensive though so I don't recommend spending hundreds on CBD just in case you are a non responderm

Yes, the vendor is one of the most reliable on planet earth.  I belong to an online CBD users group and this vendor is the most highly recommended by the admins and other trusted knowledgeable people there -- so highly regarded that I was ordering from them even though they're in the UK and I'm in the US.  It's definitely not their product that was the problem; it was just that I'm in the unfortunate minority of people who have the opposite reaction to the variety of CBD that most people find beneficial for anxiety.

I am sorry to hear that. It's good to know the source wasn't the problem but unfortunate you were not a responder. Did you feel any effects whatsoever as I know it is also used to relieve pain and not just anxiety?
(11-25-2018, 09:28 PM)fundiefighter Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 08:10 PM)Glousck Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 12:40 PM)fundiefighter Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 03:55 AM)Glousck Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 08:15 PM)fundiefighter Wrote: I did try taking it for my anxiety but had the opposite reaction to the variety (indica) that most people find relaxing and good for anxiety.  I found out after the fact that a small but significant percentage of people have the same reaction that I did, where it does anything but relax you, so I'm not alone with that happening.  I was actually OK with the sativa as far as it not making me more anxious and it seeming to have a weird calming effect that's kind of hard to describe, but I didn't stick with it very long.  I've been thinking that maybe I should give it another try and stick with it longer this time.  I actually still have quite a bit of it left from when I tried it before.

Yes, the vendor is one of the most reliable on planet earth.  I belong to an online CBD users group and this vendor is the most highly recommended by the admins and other trusted knowledgeable people there -- so highly regarded that I was ordering from them even though they're in the UK and I'm in the US.  It's definitely not their product that was the problem; it was just that I'm in the unfortunate minority of people who have the opposite reaction to the variety of CBD that most people find beneficial for anxiety.

I am sorry to hear that. It's good to know the source wasn't the problem but unfortunate you were not a responder. Did you feel any effects whatsoever as I know it is also used to relieve pain and not just anxiety?

I've had great success with CBD balm for pain relief with another problem that I have, so I'm still a big fan of CBD.  And I may yet find the right variety for me to help with the anxiety.  That would require a bit of experimenting. The advice I got from people who really know their stuff in the CBD group that I'm a member of was not to give up on the indica, but to start slow by mixing a bit of the indica with the sativa, since I'm OK with the sativa, and gradually add more as I adjust to it. I do trust these people's opinions because they have many years of experience with this stuff, but my first experience was so bad that I'm just afraid to take the plunge and try it again, even by doing it slowly like I was advised to.

That's certainly understandable why you'd be very cautious after a bad experience. I would have to agree that experimenting with different strains may be a good idea but nothing is ever certain. The obly time I ever reacted poorly was when I once took 40mg in one sitting...i felt dizzy, dysphoria and anxious for hours and I've never repeated the exercise at that dosage level again. So I empathise with why you would be hesitant in giving it a second shot. It may be best - if you choose to dive in once more - to start at a very low dose such as 0.25-0.5mg. This may bring about nothing more than placebo effects or it may induce a feeling of a mild anxiolytic, and then you can work your way up from there depending on how comfortable you feel doing so.