Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dilemma....
Hello everyone,

For many of us we take medications whether prescribed or not to  alleviate an illness , disorder or pain. What I wanted to shed light on was the DILEMMA of when medications we use  interferes with one another. This is potentially dangerous if for example you have anxiety and also pain. Any reasonable person would know that these meds don’t mix well and is a recipe for disaster I.e. death. Now I am in no way a professional so I wanted to bring up the dangers and see if any one else had thought of this. This was only one possible example and there are many others. This thread was to bring awareness for those who might not understand this or have experienced this dillema. I have had to forgo anxiety and deal with pain and then forgo pain to deal with anxiety. This hasn’t been easy but it has been wise. It’s a catch 22... hopefully others can add to this through means of experiences or wisdom on the matter.

My aim here was to bring light to an important dilemma.

Xfizzler
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
(04-07-2018, 04:01 PM)Xfizzler Wrote: Hello everyone,

For many of us we take medications whether prescribed or not to  alleviate an illness , disorder or pain. What I wanted to shed light on was the DILEMMA of when medications we use  interferes with one another. This is potentially dangerous if for example you have anxiety and also pain. Any reasonable person would know that these meds don’t mix well and is a recipe for disaster I.e. death. Now I am in no way a professional so I wanted to bring up the dangers and see if any one else had thought of this. This was only one possible example and there are many others. This thread was to bring awareness for those who might not understand this or have experienced this dillema. I have had to forgo anxiety and deal with pain and then forgo pain to deal with anxiety. This hasn’t been easy but it has been wise. It’s a catch 22... hopefully others can add to this through means of experiences or wisdom on the matter.

Xfizzler

This is a good post.  Do not mix benzo with any kind of hydro or oxy.   ESPECIALLY in high dosage.  Very bad.  If you have really bad pain, address that first and stay out of anxious situations.  You can't do both.
(04-12-2018, 05:09 AM)FootballKing Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 04:01 PM)Xfizzler Wrote: Hello everyone,

Xfizzler

This is a good post.  Do not mix benzo with any kind of hydro or oxy.   ESPECIALLY in high dosage.  Very bad.  If you have really bad pain, address that first and stay out of anxious situations.  You can't do both.
Yes I understand this. That is why I bought this thread up. Some people don’t know this. And so I wanted to have a thread about this topic. Glad you chimed in.

Xfizzler
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
This IS a good post, thanks Xfizzler.
The same is true for mixing anything but the tiniest amount of alcohol with b3nzos or the C0deines.
I would NEVER have more than a beer (or 30mls spirit) along with a pain or anxiety med. It's just playing with fire.
Choose a poison - but don't go getting all sloppy and start mixing and matching, coz being on a ventilator in the ER is never fun.
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.