Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tripolidine or Tripolidine/pseudoephedrine tablets/syrup w/e
I have a lot of  trouble with my sinuses, throat, and a phlegm producing problem. I wake up in the morning with dry blood to spit out from the bottom of my larynx because of my chronic sinusitis causes me such issues, I constantly have nose bleeds and since my last bacterial sinusitis treated with an antibiotic, lindomycine or such, a crack kind of formed in one of my nostrils and it seems it cannot repair correctly, leading to a bunch of bloody buggers so solid in the morning, taking them out leads to major nose bleeds.

I got some secaris (some better than vaseline for my nostrils once though things are gone but what really really helped me was the one time my doctor prescribed me 1 4oz bottle of ratio-Cotridin Expectorant, it was a syrup with everything I needed, pseudoephedrine 30mg per tsp, codeine 10mg per tsp, tripolidine 2.5mg per tsp. and guaifenesin 100mg per tsp.

He refuses to script it to me again even if I told him that totally cured me while taking it and if he was worried about the codeine, that I didn't really care about the codeine, it's the tripolidine that's the best ingredient for me in there.

Now, there is Tripolidine to be bought on freakin Amazon, by itself, but on amazon.com, amazon.com and .ca are kind of shared accounts but, nobody ships Tripolidine to Canada on Amazon. So, I'm just looking for an IOP that sells tripolidine/pseudoephedrine tablets, although triipolidine itself would do, we don't have the crazy laws regarding pseudo here, when Health Canada studies found out phenylephrine basically does nothing but increase your blood pressure and pulse, plans for a similar kind of pseudoephedrine law in Canada went out the window. I can buy a large 12 oz bottle of pure pseudoephedrine syrup in the aisles if I wanted. I hear the US had Actifed, well, I  think we did too, but nowadays it contains the lamest least efficient of all old school antihistamines to be taken at night, chlorpheniramine....they even got rid of Brompherinamine here, at least in the aisles, Drixoral became a nasal spray of oxymetazole when it used to be green gel-pills with brompherinamine and pseudo, it worked alright, better than benadryl, but that's easy, everything is better than benadryl or gravol (dramamine down south if I remember). We have OTC Promethazine here, but it's crazy expensive. Doxylamine has been removed from all products except Nyquil/Dayquil syrups and tablets + the home brand of the pharmacy of each of those. There's  Doxylamine in Mersyndols, migraine headache pills, but they are also OTC, gotta ask the pharmacist and it's their decision to sell it to you or not,  and it's pretty expensive for a tablet containing just tylenol/codeine (8mg)/doxylamine.

I see that 100mg pouch on amazon and then when I click buy and it asks me what address I want it shipped to, the quantity gets reset to zero and they won't ship it here, blah blah blah. Tripolidine is only in this Cotridin and Cotridin Expectorant syrup, which is rx, nowadays up here.

I did other things to help my sinus nose and throat, I bought a good HEPA air purifier and in the weekend I'll go buy an ultrasonic warm mist humidifier, warm mist is what is said to be good for chronic sinusitis, from internet descriptions of products to my ENT. Also ultrasonic is better than regular as the mist is not just around the humidifer but in the whole room, which is gonna be good, this free with the condo, but electrical heating is the worst during winter.

So in the meantime, any place that sells knockoff Actifed brand tablets, old school ones, anywhere where I can procure Tripolidine would be very welcome, pseudoephedrine in the same preparation is optional as I described, I can buy a lot of it by myself in the best confederacy (north of the North). Wink