Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, that's about what we expect, right?
xxxxxx//www.cnn.com/2018/02/11/health/aetna-california-investigation/index.html (Replace "xxxxxx" with https: in your browser's address bar)

Quote:(CNN)California's insurance commissioner has launched an investigation into Aetna after learning a former medical director for the insurer admitted under oath he never looked at patients' records when deciding whether to approve or deny care.

California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones expressed outrage after CNN showed him a transcript of the testimony and said his office is looking into how widespread the practice is within Aetna.

"If the health insurer is making decisions to deny coverage without a physician actually ever reviewing medical records, that's of significant concern to me as insurance commissioner in California -- and potentially a violation of law," he said.

Aetna, the nation's third-largest insurance provider with 23.1 million customers, told CNN it looked forward to "explaining our clinical review process" to the commissioner.

No opiates for you in chronic pain, no benz@s for you with GAD or anxiety - Heck, no treatment, the Doctor isn't even going to review your file.

And the government remains puzzled as to why sites like this exist, or attribute them to abuse.

"First do no harm" my butt.
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

This made me so angry when I saw this story on CS This Morning. That poor patient...
I don't have a grand master plan, but I try to be thoughtful when I can and also silly. It's part of the fun.

nothing surprises me anymore. I lowered my insurance down to what i call just in case insurance. Just in case i break my neck i wont go bankrupt but since most my meds were never covered when i was paying $1k a mo or at least it was a fight, and i had co pays for drs on top of bills for lab work that i could have paid for in cash at 1/3 the cost, i just said fck it. Ill pay cash for everything and save the monthly expense. I found a way that my company can write the cost off and save the added monthly expense. Insurance is a downright scam.