Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do benzodiazepines lower immune system or cause cancer?
Was reading up on the subject and came across a few different thoughts so was curious to what others might have to say on the matter.
What kind of article did you read?

Post some of it so that we can see what ur thoughts are?

Pro’s or Con's
For every medical article that u find claiming one thing, within a few weeks or so, another medical article comes out with the exact opposite opinion.

A good deal of the results are colored by whom funded this study. I am sure that those whom push anti depressants as snake oil, would try to scare people with those words. No one cared when they all knew how dangerous cigarettes were.

But, its like with what position must a baby sleep to prevent SIDS. sudden infant death. About every year they change up the recommendations. (they have a great lobby and lots of monies.) I am waiting for them to say hang the baby from the chandelier for absolute safety. (it was on his tummy. it was on his back. it was on his side with baby blankets rolled up behind and in front so he cannot roll.)

You cannot take those medical articles too seriously unless and until u know whom funded the study. Whomever is the corporation behind the veil of the alleged non biased professionals.

And, then u decide for yourself. But i have researched both autoimmunes and cancer. My clan succumbs to cancer. Not one of them had ever taken a benzo in their life. Once i began showing signs of teenage lupus brought on by a dental implant, i was given valium for the tremors i began to exhibit. So, that runs contrary to what u read.

Just sayin. For every article that claims one thing, u will find a plethora of articles with the opposing view.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

It's alleged nitrazepam can cause cancer if taken long term
i sit corrected.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

My thoughts:

Person A gets lung cancer after 5 years of 5 cigs a day
Person B has no cancer, has been smoking 40 a day for 40 years

Person C gets liver cirrhosis after 5 years of moderate drinking
Person D has no elevated liver enzymes after 40 years of heavy drinking

I guess what im trying to say is, were all predisposed to something more than something else
(01-30-2018, 05:53 PM)Sunglassesron Wrote: It's alleged nitrazepam can cause cancer if taken long term

Where I live, it wasn't so long ago that doctors would write a script for a nightly dose of Moggy for virtually every resident in a nursing home.
A Moggy each night for years and years on end - because everyone needed a good night's sleep.
And virtually everyone was in agreement that Nitrazepman had proved itself to be the best out of all the benzo's for treating persistent insomnia.

It's ironic that The Science has since declared that " tolerance to the sleep inducing properties of nitrazepam develops within a matter of days ".
One minute Nitrazepam every night forevermore is the best, the next minute Nitrazepam does not work at all after one week of continuous use. Rolleyes

I'd be interested to read that article, if you can find it again, Sunglassesron.
Did they prove causation or observe a correlation?
I love reading research - but I must admit to believing less and less of it these days!

R.
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
Benzo's continue to be the whipping boy of the pharmaceutical industry. From where I sit, they are THE wonder drugs of our era and are grossly under-prescribed by AD-happy, benzo-phobic docs who care more about toeing the line of legal liability than they do about relieving human suffering. Lowing the immune system response? Nothing does that quicker than emotional stress and nothing, IMO, relieves emotional stress quicker than benzo's. They should do a study on that.  RM
Thank you all for your insight. I felt the exact same way in that Dr. are more interested in pushing Prescription drugs that are going to benefit their pocket and their bank account and much less the benefit of their patient. Now that’s not to say that all doctors have that opinion because there are some doctors out there that truly do care about those who are suffering from anxiety and panic attacks and need this in order to continue to be normal in life. Just wanted to get an opinion on this topic and feel pretty content. Glad I’m not alone in the battle against the so-called gurus who know best. Case in point coconut oil was once praised for its benefits and if you read on a separate article it mentions how coconut oil is non-beneficial I just find it funny.