Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effective sleeping pills
(01-28-2018, 12:43 PM)thepianist Wrote: There's an IOP vendor(s) that still sell halcion.  They had increased the price a year or two ago but not by much.  The reason I always preferred halcion is that it kicks in within 10 minutes and 'wears off' within a couple of hours so I would feel very well rested come morning.  I never had a problem staying asleep.

The tolerance does develop extremely quickly so I would only recommend this for someone that doesn't have chronic insomnia.

(01-26-2019, 04:50 PM)magnet1153 Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 12:43 PM)thepianist Wrote: There's an IOP vendor(s) that still sell halcion.  They had increased the price a year or two ago but not by much.  The reason I always preferred halcion is that it kicks in within 10 minutes and 'wears off' within a couple of hours so I would feel very well rested come morning.  I never had a problem staying asleep.

The tolerance does develop extremely quickly so I would only recommend this for someone that doesn't have chronic insomnia.

I hadn't thought of hal for years, but I have taken it and it worked well and fast for me.  I would definitely recommend it for insomnia.  I also get great results with amb.
Just my personal experience, but I have never found sleeping pills to be very effective, on the other hand (and I’m not recommending this medication) Amitriptyline put me to sleep for 12 hrs. Not entirely sure if that is an intended use however.
(01-18-2019, 12:37 AM)User1242 Wrote: Good ol' OTC Benadryl and some melatonin can help. Finding the right dosage is a bit tricky but it has helped me get a few hours of sleep when I'm out of sleep meds.

2 OTC benadryl + glass of wine + reading + calming sounds = sleep for me
Currently I’ve been rotating s0mas and flexeril every other night on top of a low dose pk. The combo puts me out like a light 1 hour after ingestion.

Strangely, any of this meds alone doesn’t quite cut it anymore. Benzos of all kinds will help, albeit slight, GET TO sleep, but always wake up within a couple of hours and struggle for 1-2 hours trying to get back...

Unfortunately, the pk/flex combo causes profuse night sweats every time now without fail. Only question is will the sheets be wet or completely soaked. Never had this problem before with this combo. The pk with soma allows me a full 7-8 hours uninterrupted but if flexeril is used, it is dry mouth and smellysheets when I awake lol.

When I take regular breaks from pk’s I don’t use muscle relaxers and use ZMA to help. I also find thatexhausting myself during the day if I can is the best way. Simple in theory, difficult in practice. But honest to God I don’t believe anything works better for sleep than draining your energy reserves.

I also own a pair of ‘blue light’ glasses I wear in the evening with the goal of helping my brain wind down, they also help me relax. Bukos brand.

Some nights I need a combo of all of the above. The key is to find multiple ways to get to, and stay asleep because the odds are that what works for you today won’t cut it after a few weeks. Diversify your ‘sleep’ toolbox is the take-home message Smile
zopiclone 7.5mg are good recently tried 10mg ones knocked me out in about 30mins.
Phenergan, melatonin and magnesium every night. Something stronger if they don’t work. I often fall asleep reading, then wake up with the light on, turn it off to go back to sleep and that’s me wide awake.
Mirtazepine for 30 or 45mg.
Okay so I am going on a very long overseas flight in a couple of months.   Like 14 hours plus.  I have been told there are two meals, snacks, in seat movies and entertainment but given the length I really would like to
sleep soundly for at least 6-7 hours and 
I am a terrible insomniac, any suggestions?

Also anything for jet-lag?

(01-26-2019, 09:39 PM)kristof Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 05:58 PM)Budd0413 Wrote: Just my personal experience, but I have never found sleeping pills to be very effective, on the other hand (and I’m not recommending this medication) Amitriptyline put me to sleep for 12 hrs.  Not entirely sure if that is an intended use however.

Yeah well, half a bottle of vodka 1 hour before bed time works so good, day after day.

HHHmmmm, gonne ask my GP for a RX for a bottle a day.

LIVER: 1 day he is gonne sleep, and stay asleep, i aint dealing with that sh*t every day.
 Really Vodka? I personally know several friends who poisoned themselves into liver failure with ethanol.  It's a nearly useless substance.
Being kind to others costs nothing and enriches your life, 
never forget how you felt when someone was once cruel to you,
we all have felt unloved at one time or another we should never want another to feel that way. Smile
Booze makes me fall asleep but I can't maintain it, I get restless and have strange dreams. On a long plane trip I think I would just have to accept that I'm not going to sleep! I'd be too worried that there would be some sort of emergency.
(04-18-2019, 10:54 AM)Cantique Wrote: Booze makes me fall asleep but I can't maintain it, I get restless and have strange dreams. On a long plane trip I think I would just have to accept that I'm not going to sleep! I'd be too worried that there would be some sort of emergency.

Your post reminds me that if I am in a car, plane, or train for more than 30 minutes the motion just knocks me out. I can sleep through turbulence on a plane like a baby. Car trips are great also. Gee, if I could only find someone to drive me around every night for 8 hours I might get a good night's sleep.