Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 common signs of depression that a counselor will probably never ask you about
(02-20-2018, 10:16 PM)horsies Wrote: Yes indeed.  I can relate to all 5 of these but at different times.  The hard part is breaking the habits 1 by 1 instead of tackling it all at once and losing.  Thanks Rafterman, awesome post.
You nailed it. Creating new behaviors is so difficult. That's where I struggle. I know I need to do it, I have good intentions and then it falls apart. I revert back to my old ways. I wish I could have someone to hold me accountable without judgement. Like a pocket sized therapist, haha.
(02-23-2018, 03:36 AM)Naomi Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 10:16 PM)horsies Wrote: Yes indeed.  I can relate to all 5 of these but at different times.  The hard part is breaking the habits 1 by 1 instead of tackling it all at once and losing.  Thanks Rafterman, awesome post.
You nailed it. Creating new behaviors is so difficult. That's where I struggle. I know I need to do it, I have good intentions and then it falls apart. I revert back to my old ways. I wish I could have someone to hold me accountable without judgement. Like a pocket sized therapist, haha.

I find it easier to replace them with healthier ones honestly. Whether it is exercise of some sort of just a hobby. You know the "idle hands". They actually have an app that lets you do therapy any time of day on your phone, f2f. Though I'm not sure of the name, I could find it.
"The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease"  -William Osler

"The art of Medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease"  -Voltaire

(02-23-2018, 09:16 PM)horsies Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 03:36 AM)Naomi Wrote:

I find it easier to replace them with healthier ones honestly.  Whether it is exercise of some sort of just a hobby.  You know the "idle hands".  They actually have an app that lets you do therapy any time of day on your phone, f2f.   Though I'm not sure of the name, I could find it.

I'm definitely interested in that app if you find it.