Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Med was used for your Colonoscopy?
For those of you of a certain age, 50 for men, Please get this done for yourself and those who Love You!! My Guy gave me Etizolam which I believe is a new sort of Benzo, and since I have a tolerance I was wide awake and spotted the polyps he was looking for and drove him nut's as I conversed throughout the entire procedure, which is very uncomfortable when you are wide awake! Have heard it is not the med normally used? Caught early it is said to be one of the easier Cancers to Cure, So "Get ER' Done" Folks! Hope 2018 is a Great one for YOU All-FF
Hi FF,

Etizolam is a scripted sleep aid in Japan and a few other countries. Here it is considered a RC. Did the doc doing the test know you have a tolerance? That may be a reason a "usual" drug was used, but from what I have seen usually they will give you more of a drug to put you out or in a good twilight.
Thats what I heard AH! I even let them know I used clonazepam when I talked to the Nurse. Next time I will make sure they know! I heard that normally they use, like U said , something that is a bit stronger? Thanks for the advice!-FF
I'm not sure what they gave me but I was out like a light thru the whole thing!
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
The prep is by far the worst!! There is a new procedure now that costs $200 that does away with all the yucky prep. Not covered by insurance but I will gladly pay that money!
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
(12-30-2017, 02:55 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: For those of you of a certain age, 50 for men, Please get this done for yourself and those who Love You!! My Guy gave me Etizolam which I believe is a new sort of Benzo, and since I have a tolerance I was wide awake and spotted the polyps he was looking for and drove him nut's as I conversed throughout the entire procedure, which is very uncomfortable when you are wide awake! Have heard it is not the med normally used? Caught early it is said to be one of the easier Cancers to Cure, So "Get ER' Done" Folks! Hope 2018 is a Great one for YOU All-FF
Hey there my good friend FF.  So a very important post. The last time around they have me Propofol because I was having an endoscopy done during the same session. They usually give me Versed (Midazolam). Like you said, everybody just get it done. Its well worth the hassle. Have a great NY, too, Brother and the same to all you good folks. RM
Hi gang,

I just had mine last month. Coz my mom had colon cancer I am supposed to get one every 5 years. I have had three. First time I was awake, last 2 times I was not. Last 2 times they used Propofol I think.

Isn't that the drug Michael J*ckson used to sleep? Serious stuff.
Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. Tom Petty
Yes my Friend that is the MJ Drug and under close supervision I believe it to be safe. I was kind of glad I was lucid and got to witness it all as I found it interesting, but once is enough and will ask the nurse next time what med will be used! Hope and Pray that 2018 is a Good Year for all of us! Best Wishes-FF
I had a colonoscopy years ago. I didnt even think about the fact they put you under with benzos lol. I was out cold. But nowa days i would prolly be wide awake while they try to knock me out lol. O and on the plus nothing was sore or hurt, you know down there

I guess I would say it is a good idea to ask the Doc or Nurse what will be used as it will save you some discomfort. I filled out the info sheet and said I took Clonazepam, but they either overlooked it or did not think I had a tolerance? Thanks for the replies-FF