Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LL's, What do they say?
Having been fortunate enough to never receive one, I have only heard through the grape-vine that it states your letter was seized by customs and you are free to file a complaint and travel to point of seizure and pick up letter knowing you won't? I heard this from only one friend who got a LL, is this close too the truth? The rules do not forbid us from comparing notes on this subject. Any opinions or legal expertise concerning this matter as I am sure many folks would appreciate the advice! Hope next Year is the Best for You All!-FF
Hi fishfarmer:

I have only received one LL in all my years in this game (knock on wood). I followed the consensus of whatever Forum I was lurking on at that time. I tore the letter up, wrote my package off, and used another vendor for my next order.

A LL leaves you with two simple choices as I see it:
  1. Deny any response to the Alphabet Boys and abandon your package (Recommended), or
  2. Defend your claim to the package and face an enforcement action (Not Recommended)
Don't immediately use the same vendor for a re-order, I feel that puts you both at risk. You should have at least two go-to vendors and this would be the time to use your backup.

The odds of ever hearing another word from the Alphabet Boys if you deny receipt are very, very low from the posts I have read on more than one Forum and this matches my own personal (yet limited) experience on this matter.

I Wish You the Best of Luck fishfarmer.

Blackbird
(12-27-2017, 04:19 AM)Raven Wrote: Hi fishfarmer:

I have only received one LL in all my years in this game (knock on wood). I followed the consensus of whatever Forum I was lurking on at that time. I tore the letter up, wrote my package off, and used another vendor for my next order.

A LL leaves you with two simple choices as I see it:
  1. Deny any response to the Alphabet Boys and abandon your package (Recommended), or
  2. Defend your claim to the package and face an enforcement action (Not Recommended)
Don't immediately use the same vendor for a re-order, I feel that puts you both at risk. You should have at least two go-to vendors and this would be the time to use your backup.

The odds of ever hearing another word from the Alphabet Boys if you deny receipt are very, very low from the posts I have read on more than one Forum and this matches my own personal (yet limited) experience on this matter.

I Wish You the Best of Luck fishfarmer.

Blackbird

Great advice Raven..

I have gotten 2 in about 17 years and both were sent straight to the shredder. Just ignore them since you have no idea what it's referring too.

Peace All

Fury
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
I've received 2 or 3 over the years and they basically just say your package contained something questionable and you can either write it off as a loss or contest it. I've never seen the sense in contesting it because that's just admitting you ordered something and were expecting it's arrival.
Well I jumped into the river to many times to make it home...

About two yrs back, LLs started including language that to use online vendors again could result in criminal penalties.

And, fairly recently, the USPS sent out a criminal Letter of interdiction.

We don't know where it is going.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
Thanks for the replies! So they do not say what they found, Q4P? Just something questionable. Hum? Charon if you read this could you expand on the USPS letter of interdiction and what it means and if it includes all vendors including E-Mail as well? Thanks-FF
I'd be interested in this U$p$ letter states or means as well since it's been so long since I received any love letters from anyone. Thanks!!
The member whom mentioned the USPS LL has not returned. But, she locks herself out of the forum a lot.

The moment anyone knows about this possibility, please share. And so shall we.

Cuz that could wreak havoc on many of us. No one else mentioned it to me, and she did not copy and paste it to me.

So, we wait and see. Anxiously.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
fishfarmer:

See my reply to Glousck's 12-31-17 thread presently listed below to see an actual sample of a LL. Hopefully, you will never see another one again Exclamation

Blackbird