Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis covered by insurance?
I apologize if this has ever been covered before but... My husband just got approved
for medical cannabis for 3 ailments he has here in the Midwest. He's very excited
hoping he can finally have relief after many years of no meds ever helping him.
My question.. since it's medically mandated for his issues it's legal in our state, would
health insurance we have be obligated to cover the cost of the cannabis? Has anyone
had any experience with this?
Thank you ahead of time ! Rolleyes
Mikka~
Hi Mikka, I would say no, not covered. Probably related to the fact that it is still illegal at the federal level.
Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. Tom Petty
(12-13-2017, 01:50 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: Hi Mikka, I would say no, not covered.  Probably related to the fact that it is still illegal at the federal level.

Ah, ok, that makes sense... I was afraid that would be the answer. Argh!
Thank you, FirePlaces !!
Mikka ~ 
Big Grin
You bet Mikka. Do you live in a state where medical is legal?
Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. Tom Petty
Yes, It recently became legal for certain medical ailments. It's about time !