Poll: Should Tr@madol be otc?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
81.25%
13 81.25%
No
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study: Tr@madol, not just for pain but for depression.
(06-01-2017, 06:34 PM)Ladybugsrcool Wrote: I have a question may be more suitable for this post. I too am helped immensely by tram. Depression, anxiety,  I have RA and fibro also. I was looking for an SNRI suggestion that may work in some similar way?  Obviously it won't convert to and oid in my liver but just wondering if anyone has any experience with SNRIs. I can't take wellbut at all it makes me wacky. SSRIs just seem like placebos for me other than prozaxk I seemed to have a little more luck with that one.  Any suggestions I'd appreciate greatly!!

I don't have much to offer but my own personal journey, as well as a close friends. It has been a long one. 
Firstly It is never a quick fix finding the right medication for each individual, I had professional help and went through all the different SSRIs SNRIs, on diazepam, off diazepam, back on diazepam. Mixing different combinations.
My psychiatrist, who seemed pretty clued up said you need to be on two at the least medications at one time on my first road of trying to find a fix for me.

I have a very good friend who has used just Tramadol for 7 years or so as it helped to get my friend out of bed and leaving the house. This drug was all the friend relied on, never went on the SSRI roundabout. 
I kept on at this person as I cared to allot about them and thought It was a mistake and should be looking for an alternative. (I was thinking although synthetic or what ever it is, that Tram was too close to the opioid family= worried)

On reflection looking back, It gave my friend back a quality of life. Still, relies on them to this day.

For me after the SSRI roundabout, I found the combination of,  Quetiapine, Lyrica, EScitalopram, and a small amount of benzo was the best combination for me.

Everyone is different, Just thought I would throw my final close to as working combination out there for Information. 

Good luck.  Heart
actually it never helped my physical pain- but i found out it works as an antidepressant last yr...Too bad people call it opiates and dr's have become afraid of it.  Currently loooking for a vendor myself. It actually takes away my anxiety- which i believe is caused by a lack of dopamine.
I'm new around this forum and I'm amazed what I read here.Tramadol can be used for treat anxiety?
Glad I see your experience regarding this matter.
Doctors gave trams out like candy. Allegedly for pain. Just as they give lyrica, another anti depressent type thing, to anyone with pain.

Tramadol is an SSRI. it can give one a feeling of well being. Don't be tricked. If used with another anti depressant, u get serotonin syndrome or such. See the threads.

But, so many i know whom wanted off the tramadol, could not easily kick it cuz withdrawal equals depression for many. Heavy depression.

It is now, or will be a higher scheduled medicine we read on law enforcement sites. And, people in the US got knocks at their door for ordering 30 trams. Avoid thailand vendors cuz LE is trying to take them down.

This is not all posted. I am disabled, but I am still an attorney in good standing. I follow cases. And because I am an attorney and minister, people confide in me. Depending on where u r located, and where u order from, people have told me they received minimal jail time for a small amount.

Maybe our gvt realized they got hoodwinked by Big Pharma. Whom also claimed that xanax had not addictive properties. Balderdash. Saw many a good doctor believe that and have to go thru withdrawal.

When we all heard about Dea knocking at citizens door with their tram packages, we took down much info on trams.

Just be careful. I saw u wanted something organic for ur heart. Smart. But a tall order. Good luck.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

I'm out of words, admin.
Thanks for explanation,because I'm still amazed.
I know what want from us -pharmacy industry and how they see us.
Just don't understand admin,you mention D3A,but I thought that tram is allowed in the USA and you can buy in pharmacy?
Only if you have a doctor prescribing it for you in US.

Not over the counter. Good luck. I don't think we ever looked for an organic heart med before.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Even veterinarians are backing off on prescribing them. That really shows you just how much Trams are coming onto the radar. My Chihuahua-mix (Cooper) has chronic back problems. His vet used to give out (Fifty)-50MG Trams at once. Now she wants me to go OTC for his pain! This is the same vet that used to prescribe him ALP for his anxiety due to thunder, so she is not afraid of doing the unconventional thing. I agree that, as Trams move up the Sched, there will be even more scrutiny and they will be even harder to get for legit reasons (such as in Cooper's case) and for non-legit reasons alike. I also agree that it was Big Pharma that caused this problem. I believe that they certainly knew the potential for habituation, tolerance and withdrawal issues. The two docs I worked with, as a psychiatric counselor, were giving them out like they were M&M's. As we all know, some of the biggest selling medications of all time are one's employed for off-label use. Gabapentin comes to mind. After it's first year or two on the market, there was so much off-label use that some prescribers probably lost touch with the original "indications for use" of the drug. Trams were quickly heading down that same road, but I think the fact that public awareness has been raised to opioids and the crisis regarding them, there is a push to stop all other would-be drugs epidemics (even though TRAM is NOT a true opioid and primarily functions as an AD). It didn't have to go this way and is a true shame. As usual, legit users suffer first and worst.
(06-07-2017, 05:57 PM)Tara1178 Wrote: I have taken tr@madol for back pain before for a while and I do have a history of depression. I never noticed a difference or it helping me with depression, but maybe the dosage has something to do with it? I'm curious to find out more!

Hi Tara,
I find the medication reviews at "drugs.com" are great. I used to use "askapatient.com and remedyfind.com", but they have really gone downhill over the years (IMO). The reviews for "tramadol for depression" at drugs.com are stunning. There are about 80 different people who have reviewed it for depression on there, and the average rating is 9.3/10. Most of them tell what dose they are at. I have never tried it, or I would tell you my dose. If you go to that site, check out the narratives by the reviewers. Users are talking about it as if it some kind of wonder drug. Not that it should be any surprise that something is part synthetic opioid and part AD should work like a miracle for depression. I am not sure if you use drugs.com reviews, but I think you would find it a valuable resource. Have a great day! Rafterman
(10-16-2016, 10:02 PM)Colton4Trmz Wrote: "The results of the current study suggest that tr@madol-acetaminophen in tablet form may represent an attractive alternative treatment option for chronic lower back pain patients with Exclamation depression or apathy" Exclamation

The full study can be found online here:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/prm/2016/7458534/abs/

Well now, it's clear to see where my bias is here.   Tr@madol helped me with my back pains and maintained my anxiety & depression, all with a single pill.  Now, after 5 years of successful monitoring of my pain and mental states, it has become impossible for me at this point to get any more of the one thing that has been able to give me peace every day.  Thank you govt for cracking down on doctors, leaving me out to dry and agitate through the healthcare system.

the nerve of the govt to  tell me what should work for me. The reality is that i was perfectly fine. Now i'm not.   Sad

Hopefully more studies will show the benefits of tr@madol. 

It needs to become otc in the United States Idea

They were OTC until August of 2014 and doc's were giving them out like M&M's. Many were helped. Now, with the crackdown on conventional schedule-2 opioid's, doctor's will hopefully start to script for TRAM (schedule-4) more often. Sorry to say that I do not see them ever becoming OTC again. I think they are headed the other way. Many will come over from sched-2 opioid's and we may soon have a TRAM epidemic. Look for the DEA to move them up to a 3, and possibly a 2, eventually. RM