Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The math doesn't compute - I am sorry
Rules are rules, I have done my level best to follow them my entire life, not that it has availed me much at this stage.

This wonderful community is no exception.  I understand completely the admin's step-by-step process to weed out undesirables before they are able to access the vendors who deliver more quickly than those in the open IOP section, in fact, I applaud them.

The fact remains, however, that five posts per day until fifty posts are reached is a ten day endeavor, and there's yet another path to follow after that to reach 150 posts.  I simply don't have that time to spend waiting to be elevated, because I was unfortunate enough to have a very cruel psychiatrist, I am out of the medication I require to function, and because the firm I worked for over the past ten years had to "cut costs" during a quarter they posted a 27% profit, I am on a less than fixed income, and I must be able to function in order to secure new employment. Even if I were to place an order today (which I cannot do, as the two most popular IOPs have not completed my registration yet), it would be several weeks before (God willing) a magazine arrived at my home.

So I really don't have any choice but to avail myself of a different method of magazine purchasing, the classic one of course being to take a bus downtown and asking questions of some of the obvious gentlemen who either have magazines with them, or can have them delivered in a manner of minutes.

None of this is to say I plan to leave here, I enjoy very much the few conversations I have had, and find this community to be a wealth of good, honest, smart people - Exactly the people I would enjoy speaking with in real life.  This is not a "Goodbye Cruel World" announcement, if Charon and the moderators allow it, I will continue to post here, but given the choice of suffering for many more weeks while fulfilling the requirements necessary to find a reasonably priced news stand and ending the "zaps" in my brain and the sword of Damocles (sword of seizures, really) hanging over my head, I have to put my own health and welfare first.  To do otherwise would be foolhardy.

This post may be my sixth today (have not counted, am not sure), but for the friends I've made here in my short time so far, I'll risk being banned in order to say: Thank you.  You've all been wonderful, and I hope to "see" you again here, or elsewhere should the ban hammer fall.

Be well, happy, and hale if we don't meet again soon, and take very good care of yourselves, you are a fine group of individuals that make up an outstanding community.

Hasta Luego, as we say in my home state, and my very best regards to you all.
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

Hang in there OldBoy.

Maybe call the ER doc and ask to write that Rx to fill .

It is pennies with no insurance. So that would cure your issues, right? For a little while to give you time to think.

Until then wish you the best and stay safe friend.
(11-26-2017, 07:53 AM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Even if there isn't a clinic in your town, it's worth an internet search to see if any are available in your county, or even state region.
Alot of these clinics receive state and federal funds, so there should be something available somewhere.
Also, some clinics are funded by orgs such as United Way and have resources for noninsured.  Good luck to you.

Thank you once again, Audrey.  I've been employed my entire life until now, I suppose I have a lot of research to do in order to avail myself of services for the unemployed / uninsured.
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

g@b@p3n if its what I think it is you wrote blacksocks will def prevent seizures, it is firstly an anti epileptic med so prevents epileptic fits/seizures, also prescribed for nerve damage and the pain that comes from damaged nerves, I have been prescribed it by my gp for a few years now, it has no rec value but will def stop any seizures, if you can get it then do if it is seizures you are trying to stop, good luck, also get to an er or similar who will well be able to help you as others have suggested, please take on board what they are saying as it may well help you a great deal.
Hello All,

This thread has become somewhat confusing due to several of my replies having been removed by the moderators. My apologies for that. I'll take a day away from the forum to reset my daily post count to zero, then number my posts 1-5 for every 24-hour period going forward to avoid issues in the future.

One of the difficult things about living alone, with a driver's license suspended for six months due to hospitalization for a seizure is not having anyone to talk to about the frightening condition I find myself in - My children and grandchildren all live several states away, and this isn't the sort of thing one discusses with them. My wife would have been a rock to cling to through this, yet another reason to miss her desperately, even though I talk to her in my prayers each night, and I feel her warm presence in our home two years after her passing, she is, of course, not able to reply...At least not with words.

So I fear I have been relying too much on the kindness and warmth so many of you have shown, and as a result I've been (quite rightfully) warned and penalized for breaking the five post rule for newcomers. My sincere apologies to the admin and moderators for that, I will ensure it does not happen again in the future. I hope to have better news for the community in my first post tomorrow, sadly, I have none today.

Until tomorrow, then. Be well, my new friends.

-- Saint Basil

(12-02-2017, 02:47 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: Blacksocks, that was a good catch on identifying the lost time as seizures.  FWIW, I thought your first post was fine.  You were being blunt in an effort to help OldBoy.  Sometimes blunt is necessary.

Oldboy, I often use this board to write out my concerns about me, my family, my in-laws.  Even if one has a spouse still living, sometimes one needs more support or one's spouse is just not very good at it.

I have a thread, one thread, in the Sr forum where I have been writing about all my issues, concerns, etc....  I find it most therapeutic.  Sometimes I wish I didn't have so much to write, but it is what it is.  

Point being, it's ok to lean on the board.  Many of us do.  

Also, did you post in the vendor threads about waiting for registration?  Sometimes one is not notified that registration is completed.  The email/password combo just starts working.

Hi Fireplaces,

I certainly wasn't berating our friend Blacksocks, not my style at all.  Argument, whether in meatworld or online is, as my grandfather used to say about engaging in unwise activities, like wrestling with a pig...Even if you win, you're now at a pig's level (not implying anyone here is a pig, just quoting grandfather).  Don't need the aggravation, and Blacksocks' reply certainly wasn't mean-spirited or aggressive, nor was my reply in return, but my reply was erased, so I just tried to provide some context post-event.  I hope Blacksocks would agree we're still friends!

I myself have a lamentable tendency to write entirely too much about my issues and concerns, it is often difficult to restrain myself from the keyboard.  While therapeutic, I'm just not of the social media generation, and am thus leery of over-sharing anywhere online, regardless of the precautions one takes, anonymity just can't be guaranteed any longer.  Pity, that...I really miss the days of Usenet.

The registration I was waiting on did finally come through, BTW.  The vendor I was referring to is one I've used in the past, but that I use so rarely I have to re-register each time.  I just posted in their open thread a few minutes ago.

I do hope your DH is faring better with the kidney stones, just reading of them raised my general anxiety level for a day or two...I've experienced them enough times to dread repeats, and though I am meticulously careful with my diet and supplementation, and stay more hydrated now than I ever have in my life, nothing will ever convince me entirely that I'm not due another episode or two of that affliction before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

All the best!

-- Saint Basil

(12-07-2017, 03:15 PM)BlackSocks Wrote: Hi there OldBoy,

Thank you OB - I'm glad you still count me as one of your friends - no, of course you weren't berating either myself or anybody else.

You've made such progress - you're eating three times a day now and as far as i can see the zaps have been controlled now.  How are you feeling (moods/emotionally/overall)?

Have there been any further "loss of time" (seizures)?  How is the sleep?  OB while you were discussing posting here with Fire you lamented that you write "entirely too much about my issues and concerns" - even though you find writing down and posting here (am i getting that right?) to be therapeutic.  

You've nearly up to the post count to post in the more private part of the forum.  I see what you mean - that communion is therapeutic however communicating over the web brings with it a loss of privacy and that potentially is detrimental.

For now, looking forward to reading your next posts.

With very best regards,  Blacksocks

Hi Blacksocks,

So glad to hear from you...Fire had me worried there that I might have offended you somehow, and that certainly wasn't my intention!

Thanks for asking after my condition...It is honestly amazing what a mere .5mg of clon twice daily can accomplish.  I was skeptical at first of the low dosage, given my seizure resulted from an abrupt stop of 10+ years of 3mg daily of alp, but within two days, the zaps disappeared completely, within four, the losses of time stopped altogether, and with my 6PM dosage of clon and 5mg of Melatonin at bedtime, I get to sleep easily, and stay asleep until 5:30AM, which is my normal wakeup time.

The difference is remarkable.  I can hardly credit it, to be honest.

I was watching "The Counselor" last night, and this conversation struck me and had me thinking on it for hours...

Quote:Counselor: Will you help me?
Jefe: I would urge you to see the truth of the situation you’re in, Counselor. That is my advice. It is not for me to tell you what you should have done or not done. The world in which you seek to undo the mistakes that you made is different from the world where the mistakes were made. You are now at the crossing. And you want to choose, but there is no choosing there. There’s only accepting. The choosing was done a long time ago… Are you there Counselor?
Counselor: [distraught] Yes.
Jefe: I don’t mean to offend you, but reflective men often find themselves at a place removed from the realities of life. In any case, we should all prepare a place where we can accommodate all the tragedies that sooner or later will come to our lives. But this is an economy few people care to practice.

If I'm anything, I'm a "reflective man", and even before seeing the film, I had ordered a good supply of di@z, which I'll keep around in the event I lose my clon prescription and need to taper.  Further seizures are most certainly not on the agenda.

Be well, my friend.

-- Saint Basil