Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The math doesn't compute - I am sorry
Rules are rules, I have done my level best to follow them my entire life, not that it has availed me much at this stage.

This wonderful community is no exception.  I understand completely the admin's step-by-step process to weed out undesirables before they are able to access the vendors who deliver more quickly than those in the open IOP section, in fact, I applaud them.

The fact remains, however, that five posts per day until fifty posts are reached is a ten day endeavor, and there's yet another path to follow after that to reach 150 posts.  I simply don't have that time to spend waiting to be elevated, because I was unfortunate enough to have a very cruel psychiatrist, I am out of the medication I require to function, and because the firm I worked for over the past ten years had to "cut costs" during a quarter they posted a 27% profit, I am on a less than fixed income, and I must be able to function in order to secure new employment. Even if I were to place an order today (which I cannot do, as the two most popular IOPs have not completed my registration yet), it would be several weeks before (God willing) a magazine arrived at my home.

So I really don't have any choice but to avail myself of a different method of magazine purchasing, the classic one of course being to take a bus downtown and asking questions of some of the obvious gentlemen who either have magazines with them, or can have them delivered in a manner of minutes.

None of this is to say I plan to leave here, I enjoy very much the few conversations I have had, and find this community to be a wealth of good, honest, smart people - Exactly the people I would enjoy speaking with in real life.  This is not a "Goodbye Cruel World" announcement, if Charon and the moderators allow it, I will continue to post here, but given the choice of suffering for many more weeks while fulfilling the requirements necessary to find a reasonably priced news stand and ending the "zaps" in my brain and the sword of Damocles (sword of seizures, really) hanging over my head, I have to put my own health and welfare first.  To do otherwise would be foolhardy.

This post may be my sixth today (have not counted, am not sure), but for the friends I've made here in my short time so far, I'll risk being banned in order to say: Thank you.  You've all been wonderful, and I hope to "see" you again here, or elsewhere should the ban hammer fall.

Be well, happy, and hale if we don't meet again soon, and take very good care of yourselves, you are a fine group of individuals that make up an outstanding community.

Hasta Luego, as we say in my home state, and my very best regards to you all.
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

Hang in there OldBoy.

Maybe call the ER doc and ask to write that Rx to fill .

It is pennies with no insurance. So that would cure your issues, right? For a little while to give you time to think.

Until then wish you the best and stay safe friend.

1. Its compulsory for each newly registered member to introduce self in the Welcome Threads click this, Welcome Center section.  Use “Post A Thread” Button.
Old Boy,

Have you considered going to your local free medical clinic to see a doctor there? Where I live, they have family medicine, several other specialties, and psychiatry available for people without insurance, and charge on a sliding fee scale.
If you are really feeling like another seizure is immenent, definitely go to the emergency room again and see a different doctor.
If you do either of these, just talk facts. Dates and names of your past docs and scripts, etc.

Also, once you have a script in hand, visit the site GoodRx.com. It's a prescription discount service that is free. You put in your med, zip code, and it tells you how much the prescription will cost at all your local pharmacies. You can print a coupon, and it is against the law for your chosen pharmacy not to accept the coupon.
I hope this helps.
Even if there isn't a clinic in your town, it's worth an internet search to see if any are available in your county, or even state region.
Alot of these clinics receive state and federal funds, so there should be something available somewhere.
Also, some clinics are funded by orgs such as United Way and have resources for noninsured. Good luck to you.
(11-26-2017, 07:53 AM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Even if there isn't a clinic in your town, it's worth an internet search to see if any are available in your county, or even state region.
Alot of these clinics receive state and federal funds, so there should be something available somewhere.
Also, some clinics are funded by orgs such as United Way and have resources for noninsured.  Good luck to you.

Thank you once again, Audrey.  I've been employed my entire life until now, I suppose I have a lot of research to do in order to avail myself of services for the unemployed / uninsured.
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

Don't we have sites available even without 50 posts?

Problem is even the best of the best can't guarantee overnight anymore.

OldBoy I am sorry for your difficulties. Stay with us though.

Not sure the magic answer is available anywhere anymore.
Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. Tom Petty
No the system sucks, but we do what we have to do.
What's worse? Waiting for weeks, or waiting hours to see a doc and have script in hand after leaving the county health center. I did it yesterday, and many members have to do it for even primary care. It's what you have to do until your circumstsnces change.
"I don't hold much hope for their doing much to help". Please would you give this doctor a chance - you may meet with a compassionate ethical humane person who doesn't want to let patients suffer and wants to help.

From the details you've written e.g. lost time while watching TV, you are having multiple seizures.  It would be understandable that your mood may have changed?  

The goalposts here are to get a medical intervention with the seizures and whichever other symptoms you are having.  The Dr. will prescribe (best to try and rember the name of the doctor who recommended d1@z@p@m - if you can't remember look he or she up on the web?). It will carry more weight coming from another doctor.

The other medicine you mention g@b@p3n would this be enough to prevent seizures?  Do you want to try this med? 

It is not surprising that you've been adversely affected by the events with the callous doc and the subsequent horrible withdrawal symptoms however you are coming over as being on a negative.  Tomorrow when you meet with the doctor they will pick up on negativity towards them.  You've got a right to be angry - what the psych did was callous - I'm not sure what the law and ethics are in this; what I'm saying don't take this negativity in to another doctor, give them a chance - you need medicines to control the symptoms.

Wishing you a safe journey to the Dr tomorrow
I do apologise about the wording - i did not mean you are a negative or hostile individual rather that in the context of the conversation on this thread you wrote a few sentences expressing feeling that you wouldn't get anywhere with the Clinic and that doing something rather than nothing made you feel better.  The losses of time both brief and longer sound like epileptic seizures.  Sometimes people can have changes in mood with epilepsy;  what i meant was you have very serious reasons for needing to see a doctor; and despite how serious your condition is you across to me perhaps as if your thinking was/is "there has been one bad event after another".   I feared you might still think will i have another bad event, another brutal doctor tomorrow? 

I really didn't mean it as a personal description of you and I'm horrified that you felt disturbed - the words i used may have been poor - very sorry about that.

I see you have already been away from b3nz0s for a length of time and you are not keen on taking them now.  Please remember to bring proof of the b3nz0 you'd been prescribed and when this was discontinued.  Also if you feel up to it make a note of the number of losses of times you've had in the last day or so.  Even if it's only a minute or 3 minutes.  Are family members noticing you having these losses of time?

Very best wishes,  Blacksocks
g@b@p3n if its what I think it is you wrote blacksocks will def prevent seizures, it is firstly an anti epileptic med so prevents epileptic fits/seizures, also prescribed for nerve damage and the pain that comes from damaged nerves, I have been prescribed it by my gp for a few years now, it has no rec value but will def stop any seizures, if you can get it then do if it is seizures you are trying to stop, good luck, also get to an er or similar who will well be able to help you as others have suggested, please take on board what they are saying as it may well help you a great deal.