Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviews of Tramadol for anxiety/depression on med review sites
(12-01-2017, 11:37 PM)Mikka Wrote: Rafter man, that's awesome insight & I pray my Dr continues to to give me the small amount he does & not give into the pressure to not rx them off label.  Mikka  Undecided
Thanks, Mikka. I hope that will be the case. A lot depends on the individual doctor. The new opioid's laws have a ton of loopholes in them. They are more for show than anything else. (I started a few threads about the new laws under "Chronic Pain"). No need for any doctor to be worried, but some doctor's have so many superior's telling them what to do. Such is the case with my wife's doctor. She used to give her Hydromet syrup for bronchitis. That contains hydrocodone. Then the new law went into effect in our state and all of a sudden that same doc with only write for a cough medicine that is so weak that it really should be OTC. This is sad, because they law was not put in place to stop my wife from getting cough syrup. Some doctor's are twisting the original intention of those writing these laws. No one is trying to stop all opioid distribution. My wife's doctor is under the guidelines of her practice, which is owned by people who don't even live in our state. I hope that you will do better with your doc. My best to you.  RM
My question is, after the initial stimulating affect of tramadol, does one feel down the next day if one does not re-dose? It's been so long since I had a tramadol script after breaking my arm that I find it hard to remember. But I do remember that for a period of six months, it was the "healthiest happy". In that, I didn't feel any of those peaks and valleys, just very consistently enthused.
(01-07-2018, 02:43 AM)coffeedude22 Wrote: My question is, after the initial stimulating affect of tramadol, does one feel down the next day if one does not re-dose?  It's been so long since I had a tramadol script after breaking my arm that I find it hard to remember.  But I do remember that for a period of six months, it was the "healthiest happy".  In that, I didn't feel any of those peaks and valleys, just very consistently enthused.

Dude,
I have never felt a hangover effect of any kind from TRAM. I usually use it, as needed, usually for some event (like company coming over) where I want to feel a little happier. Then I don't take it again for a while. I have never felt a next day let down. I usually don't get a hangover effect from psychoactive meds, though. For instance, for years I took C-pam in the same manner, and never once got that next day effect.  Many that I know, do.  Regards, RM
I know it's not the same, but I have found that $oma (muscle relaxer) helps a lot with anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc. It gives me this chill feeling where nothing bothers me, I can handle anything, it's so nice. At higher doses I find it can help me fall asleep. While usually prescribed for back injuries and the like, I have found it can really benefit someone with mental health issues as well.
Is soma similar to cyclobenzaprine? I have always felt that one works pretty well for anxiety
(01-11-2018, 03:54 AM)coffeedude22 Wrote: Is soma similar to cyclobenzaprine?  I have always felt that one works pretty well for anxiety

I've never had that, but it sounds like it would be from what I've read. The only other muscle relaxer I've had is Flexeril and that was pretty close in similarity.