Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VETERAN'S DAY
[Image: XBrgegX.jpg]
Thought it would be nice to honor VETERAN'S who served our country.
Had many family members serve through the years

Honoring my cousin's life

Carl Joseph Tanzola Jr.
Killed in Action 2/5/69 in VIETNAM
Served his country and made the ultimate sacrifice  RIP CARL

I wish the picture hadn't came out willynilly
but I couldn't turn it in the post  Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Angels Among US      Angel
(11-10-2017, 12:54 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: Maybe Mad Max or Ice (our moderators) could turn the pic for you Alsmom.  They work so maybe not right away but I bet they will.  I'll reach out to them.  (Hey guys - delete this paragraph after you read it.)

Thank you to all of our veterans who have fought for our country.  So many.

There are almost 22 million vets in the US.  

God Bless every single one.

Thank you FP, I'll send them a PM
Your're so nice to suggest Heart
Good thread to give thanks to all our Veterans

Thank you all who have served
How about that Smile
Ice

That's about what I could do...

Hope it is ok..

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
God Bless the Veterans who have fought for our country.

[Image: 286422-Happy-Veterans-Day.png]
Happy veterans day. Thank you for your service, I come from a military family myself. Go get your free dinners!
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
(11-10-2017, 07:18 PM)IceWizard Wrote: How about that Smile
Ice

That's about what I could do...

Hope it is ok..

Ice

You did beautifully, thank you!
Just watched a Veterans Day gathering and speech.

It was very moving to me. I had a friend a Vet who now I understand better the silent cost of serving in combat .

He might have never understood why he came home, unlike so many of his friends.

The quiet cost of freedom.

It is a burden that so many Veterans bear, in their hearts. Why they came home when so many of their close friends did not.

I hope the Vet's understand they do not carry it alone ! Many want to help you carry that load. With compassion help and support.

Some may have read this week that my meal was paid for by the person ahead of me in line and I was relating it to someone at work and he told me of a recent instance of helping a Veteran in a  similar way.

He was at Micky D's and the man ahead of him was buying a cup of coffee and sorting thru all pockets and loking for enough change to pay for only a cup of coffee.

My friend said he noticed a tattoo on his arm and it was the kind you might expect a military person to get.
So he asked him if he was a Vet. ?

He said yes.
My friend then told him to order  breakfast and even lunch if he wanted and he would pay for it.

You see my friend noticed that he came in on a bicycle with a small wagon attached , he was seemingly homeless .

So when the Vet said oh no that is ok I will be fine, my friend said No please let me buy you something as my thanks to you for serving in our military.

He responded with , well ok I have never had someone thank me like that before.

So as the speech to the National Veterans Day Ceremony said , Thank a Veteran . For being there for us.

Say Thank you for your service to them. !

Many of the Veterans have paid the high price of a silent cost that effects the rest of their life.

My friend was one of them , he just never got over the cost to him personally. Being in a combat zone and I can only imagine what he saw and experienced and had to do.

I remember he accepted me and counted me his friend and we bonded and I saw how he and his fellow Vets were bonded and it always amazed me and I coveted the camaraderie that is rare.

To my friend and to all the other Veterans I say,

...Thank you for Your Service, for your courage and for my freedom.

THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR PART. 
To all my brothers and sisters, Happy Veterans Day! Thank you for your service! I loved it, and my other family!Smile
I give my highest regard and respect to all the Veterans .

Thank You Veterans

Today is Veterans Day, Tomorrow November 12 is observed.

In the USA, Veterans Day annually falls on November 11. This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918. Veterans are thanked for their services to the United States on Veterans Day.

[Image: 9ffca23c7c42c34e6f9ee4a74d1f48c8--free-v...y-poem.jpg]