Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long wait time for pack to arrive.
40 days and counting. Sad
(11-20-2017, 07:45 PM)MrFussbudget Wrote: 40 days and counting.  Sad

Hey guys

I apologize for my stupid rant last night. Afraid I was in a bad mood and got myself all worked up over things. I swore to myself I wasn't gonna talk about that stuff anymore, but I blew it.
Sorry folks.

BAD Cricket
(11-18-2017, 12:09 AM)MrFussbudget Wrote: Hi friends, I’ve now hit over five weeks waiting for a mag (the longest I ever waited before was 3ish weeks.) This particular vendor offers tracking, and was last tracked as “dispatched to USA” on Oct 12. I have since placed orders with two other vendors, but I don’t have hope of receiving those for another 2 weeks. I did not plan well. But the good news is, if all three end up coming through—I will be set for a while! In the meantime, my heart beats a little faster every time I go to the mailbox and a little slower as I walk away empty handed. Sad

Earlier this year, I ordered something from a western European country, a regular product that you would find at a health food store. The tracking number said "dispatched to USA," and nothing happened after that for a loooong time. Then one day the tracking updated and the package was delivered. So, don't give up hope!
(11-21-2017, 09:09 AM)invisiblejungle Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 12:09 AM)MrFussbudget Wrote: Hi friends, I’ve now hit over five weeks waiting for a mag (the longest I ever waited before was 3ish weeks.) This particular vendor offers tracking, and was last tracked as “dispatched to USA” on Oct 12. I have since placed orders with two other vendors, but I don’t have hope of receiving those for another 2 weeks. I did not plan well. But the good news is, if all three end up coming through—I will be set for a while! In the meantime, my heart beats a little faster every time I go to the mailbox and a little slower as I walk away empty handed. Sad

Earlier this year, I ordered something from a western European country, a regular product that you would find at a health food store. The tracking number said "dispatched to USA," and nothing happened after that for a loooong time. Then one day the tracking updated and the package was delivered. So, don't give up hope!

Hi invisiblejungle!  That's certainly encouraging to hear.  Thank you! Smile
Oh friends...I have 4 orders out with 4 different vendors--the oldest being placed the first week of October. I'm so frustrated. Nothing has arrived yet. I'm in NY and giving up hope. Was SO hoping something would arrive today as I know there is probably no hope until next week with the holiday now. I miss sleeping...
Four weeks at customs here Sad hopefully something will happen. Been a good reminder to always have something left over...
(11-24-2017, 01:23 PM)Glousck Wrote: Four weeks at customs here Sad hopefully something will happen. Been a good reminder to always have something left over...

Anyone gotten any GOOD news lately??? This is tuff when things are lost and no one knows what's goin' on or where things are. UGH!

Cricket
as the weeks pass it seems its getting to a crawl,few more days and itll be madness in general, i know some are lucky some not, but its good time to at least give oneself a month now in advance to put in orders and prepare, reading many pages i see regular times become 3-4 weeks, so those on the short list stock up and save up what you can, since worst is when you have close to two weeks before xmas new years and after backlogs before anything gets moving and that brings us to mid Jan before things stabilize.
If you did not order before (US) Thanksgiving, or better yet a week before (US) Thanksgiving, then you are right cmdline. It will probably be about mid-January before things get back to normal and long delayed shipments start to show up. A few will squeak through in the meantime, but for the most part, you are on your own until the holiday madness ends.

It's not all the mail services fault either. A good number of foreign countries, including our vendors, take long vacations during the holiday season. Not just a few days like us Yanks, but weeks before Christmas and after the New Year.

I wish I could live the same way but, being self employed, everyday off is a loss.

If you are waiting for an important delivery at this point in the year, then I wish you the best. Your going to need it if you have not planned ahead.

Good Luck
Blackbird
Good news mine arrived mate despite the LL theirs hope yet Smile)