Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brexit - easier to receive or worse?
The election results are shocking. Not only that Bobo won but the majority he's gained. No doubt he will use this to his full advantage and get the deal through. The election votes where motivated by brexit and with corbyn not being so transparent with his stance on brxt I believe why he lost. I don't believe the vast majority of the population voted conservative because they like Boris they just want brexit done I guess...

Now let's take a recent look at Boris record in government.

When he was mayor of London he released a successful scheme of Boris barclays bikes. In fact it was the previous mayors idea ken livingston. He stole the idea and ran with it as if it were his!

Now the withdrawal agreement that he initialy voted against at chequers when theresa may presented it. When becoming prime minister took the same agreement and just tweaked one thing and comes back from Europe screaming see they agreed! It's 95% theresa mays work again stolen from the previous person in power and running with it as if it's his idea one he intially voted against!

Now we do have some good news, Nicole is going to be a mean hook and I hope she will give Bobo a hard time. Scotland voted remain they shouldn't be forced to go with England and Wales. I believe northern Ireland voted remain also. Bobo is in for more then he bit off.

Oh I myself already looked at property in Scotland Smile not a bad idea at all. I don't like the way things are going and like my doctor said the way politics is right now if they want to annihilate your career character they will and make you justify just how exactly you contribute to society

I'm done
Success!
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
(12-17-2019, 04:44 PM)G.Elias Wrote: If i move just getting over the border into what they call the 'Borders' would do,its a mixture of clean air n reasonably cheap rents from some searching i did about a year ago,a few folk i know want to move,the Johnston lot might close the border though,lol,it wouldn't surprise me.
I could really do with the clean air,living next to a major ring road is not healthy.
No,cant be fun getting no money when you are striking for something better,thats another one they'll be going after.
Making strikes illegal,like some crazy banana state,people died to get a lot of the rights we have and its all going to be wiped clean to create their own vision of fuckery,not sure how long this brexit honeymoon is going to last,when it goes pearshaped for years theyll be screaming for heads then.
Johnston wont last,he's unstable,plus theres the kompromat hotel tape the ex-KGB turned politicians have of Johnston and Trump doing god knows what.The mind boggles lol.
Good luck with the strike Barq,are there any kind of funding sites that those on strike with you could raise money when you are going without wages?We can all help each other standing up for something better even if its just a few quid out of my giro.

Will try and check back next few days,damn its cold up here,no good for my bones.

The air is not healthy where I live either. I must get some plants in my house as they can clean up the air a bit.

I'm sure there is more kompromat on Trump than Johnson. With Boris his lies, womanising, laziness and so on are in the open. But he seems to be part of that elite where it just doesn't seem to matter - he gets caught out and the reaction is "Oh, that's just Boris". If I told lies like him I'd expect to lose my job. How the hell someone as rich and privileged as Johnson can present himself as a man of the people and call people like me the "elite" is just astonishing (see also Farage). Aparently I'm part of this metropolitan liberal elite that is out of touch with ordinary people, despite the fact I went to an ordinary comprehensive school, failed A levels, worked in a store, studied at night to re-do A levels, and eventually managed a degree, then a higher degree and finally an academic career. It took years and loads of debt that I'm still paying off. During that time I've worked as a bike mechanic, salesman, night porter and odd-job man... real elite jobs, unlike working in the city or editing a Tory magazine.

BTW The strike is about pensions, insecure contracts and the wage gap for anyone who isn't a white male. I have no complaint with my salary, but it took a lot of years study to get to this level (so it is paying back all those years of being a student). As I have an above average salary I'd never ask for donations from someone's giro, but I appreciate the spirit in which you meant it. I agree we have to stand together, and that means those of us who have climbed a few rungs up the ladder never forgetting where we came from and showing solidarity from the (lower) "middle class" to the "working class".

(12-22-2019, 03:27 PM)quickfix Wrote: The election results are shocking. Not only that Bobo won but the majority he's gained. No doubt he will use this to his full advantage and get the deal through. The election votes where motivated by brexit and with corbyn not being so transparent with his stance on brxt I believe why he lost. I don't believe the vast majority of the population voted conservative because they like Boris they just want brexit done I guess...

Now let's take a recent look at Boris record in government.

When he was mayor of London he released a successful scheme of Boris barclays bikes. In fact it was the previous mayors idea ken livingston. He stole the idea and ran with it as if it were his!

Now the withdrawal agreement that he initialy voted against at chequers when theresa may presented it. When becoming prime minister took the same agreement and just tweaked one thing and comes back from Europe screaming see they agreed! It's 95% theresa mays work again stolen from the previous person in power and running with it as if it's his idea one he intially voted against!

Now we do have some good news, Nicole is going to be a mean hook and I hope she will give Bobo a hard time. Scotland voted remain they shouldn't be forced to go with England and Wales. I believe northern Ireland voted remain also. Bobo is in for more then he bit off.

Oh I myself already looked at property in Scotland Smile not a bad idea at all. I don't like the way things are going and like my doctor said the way politics is right now if they want to annihilate your career character they will and make you justify just how exactly you contribute to society

I'm done

When BJ was London Mayor he was lazy and delegated lots of work to others (that comes from someone who worked for him). It seems the better people know BJ the less they think he is suited to being PM. Even his own brother resigned from cabinet! Agree also about him taking the credit for a lot of what others did. Another example would be the Olympic Games

Also, the huge win is only a majority in parliament. The actual percentage of vote share is up 1.5-2% on the last election (when May threw away her majority). It is an artefact of the first past the post system. Also Labour votes tend to pile up in constituencies, whereas if they were redistributed more evenly Labour would do a lot better.

I think there were real mistakes made on the progressive/remain side of the political spectrum. In a few areas they managed not to run candidates against each other and split the vote, but that was the minority. I agree with you that people just want Brexit done - they are sick of hearing about it. It made for a great slogan as it was so simple and powerful. Of course it is a lie because the whole process of negotiating the UK's future relationship with the EU will take ages, and I seriously doubt it can be done in a year. But I think BJ and his advisor Dominic Cummings believe the end justifies the means, so they will say anything to get power and keep it. Even David Cameron described Cummings as a "career psychopath".

Labour had no equivalent snappy slogan that summed up what they were standing for and Corbyn peaked a couple of years ago - no one is singing his name now. I believe he is an honest man and apparently very nice, but the failure to deal with the antisemitism showed he was not a good leader. There is a part of Labour that wants to be so pure in their left wing beliefs they won't compromise it for anything. The problem is that makes them into a debating society. To win they have to compromise some beliefs and nudge a little bit towards the centre. I hope they choose their next leader wisely or we'll have 10 years of Tories.
If you ever takea read on twitter the Labour party are now arguing amongst themselves big time,its not good to see.
I think Corbyn was a decent bloke,but,not an electable PM,the right wing media slaughtered him and the party,I knew he had no chance from day 1,shame.

I read about the strikes at the Universities,good for you mate,give it a few years and there may be strikes everywhere when/if Brexit goes pear shaped and hits us all badly,they'll soon change tune then,Johnston will not last more than a few years,hes got skeletons in his cupboard that will be his downfall,he is so arrogant that he thinks hes untouchable,he isnt.
Time will tell,truths always out.
Feel like I'm living in the 70s again,racists now unleashed,maybe that was what that slogan was about?Unleashing Britains potential,potential to hate.
Not content with wanting to rid the country of EU nationals they also want anyone brow/black/mixed race to as they say'F**k back to their own country,bit hard when they were born in the UK.
Bloody horrible country its become,nothing proud of,even some of the royals are getting out cos of race hate,not a funny old world any longer is it?
Keep the faith,avoid that potential being unleashed,except to smash em in their racist faces.
Mind the Gap Please. Exclamation
What was that bollox all about again?
Mind the Gap Please. Exclamation
(04-17-2020, 03:51 PM)G.Elias Wrote: What was that bollox all about again?

I miss Brexit, I'm fed up with this coronavirus ;-)