Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Zolpidem ?
(11-14-2017, 12:47 PM)MrFussbudget Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 09:20 PM)umakemenuts Wrote: I've used both Zolpidem and Ambien.  Ambien is far superior.  5mg works just fine but need 7.5-10 mg of zolpidem.

Zolpidem is the name of the drug, and Ambien is the brand.  Maybe you meant that you used another brand?  Do you recall the name?

You are absolutely correct.  I was thinking about the difference between what we get in the US (purple round) compared to Asia (white caplet).
(11-14-2017, 08:32 PM)umakemenuts Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 12:47 PM)MrFussbudget Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 09:20 PM)umakemenuts Wrote: I've used both Zolpidem and Ambien.  Ambien is far superior.  5mg works just fine but need 7.5-10 mg of zolpidem.

Zolpidem is the name of the drug, and Ambien is the brand.  Maybe you meant that you used another brand?  Do you recall the name?

You are absolutely correct.  I was thinking about the difference between what we get in the US (purple round) compared to Asia (white caplet).

I've only ever gotten Teva in the States (it's a generic round white one.)  Is Ambien purple??  How exotic!  Smile
To OP: I've never heard of Belbien, seems it's Serbian. But if it has a "Registered" symbol next to it maybe it's good.

Sonval (or sanval) is pretty much what replaced Ivadal (spelled Ivedal if you're looking somewhere else) in the Eastern Europe region, and it sells for a premium over generic zolpidem in physical stores. I'd treat it like a goodbye brand ambien alternative & go with that, but jus the because i know nothing of the other.

Oh, and on Ivedal vs Adco, the former used to be made by a part of Aventis-Sanofi (then Winthrop, now I think just Aventis) and is way superior. Adco is a bit like chalk.

Boy do I need to find a new or temporary place for zolpidem. With no ivedal coming in, I don't care about manufacturer anymore Sad With benzo w/d one can replace/mitigate with other benzos, but with very high-dose amb/zolp withdrawal...not the case.
I don't believe I've seen the purple round ones (very '70s) but I've had generic zolpidem that was as orange as Trump's 'hair'. It seems every time I get generic Z from my doctor, they look different.

Be they purple, orange, white, stars, stripes or polka dots, round or square, doesn't matter one bit, it's active ingredient that counts. Your best bet when researching a generic is to ask who manufactures it. Ideally you want a big-name manufacturer, just like when supermarkets have a house brand.

Just because it tastes like chalk doesn't mean it's bad. I've had generics which taste of nothing in particular, one which tasted slightly salty, and some which tasted like 'the real thing'. Made no difference at all to it's efficacy.

BennyLava (and the Jets)
I took yesterday 2 pills

from zolpidem lunata 10 mg 

It I was very good get best sllep for 7 hours   Smile

I feel happy about the effectiveness of the medicine
(11-14-2017, 11:12 PM)countfiet Wrote: To OP: I've never heard of Belbien, seems it's Serbian. But if it has a "Registered" symbol next to it maybe it's good.

Sonval (or sanval) is pretty much what replaced Ivadal (spelled Ivedal if you're looking somewhere else) in the Eastern Europe region, and it sells for a premium over generic zolpidem in physical stores. I'd treat it like a goodbye brand ambien alternative & go with that, but jus the because i know nothing of the other.

Oh, and on Ivedal vs Adco, the former used to be made by a part of Aventis-Sanofi (then Winthrop, now I think just Aventis) and is way superior. Adco is a bit like chalk.

Boy do I need to find a new or temporary place for zolpidem. With no ivedal coming in, I don't care about manufacturer anymore Sad With benzo w/d one can replace/mitigate with other benzos, but with very high-dose amb/zolp withdrawal...not the case.

Great info, countfiet.  Thank you!

(11-15-2017, 01:14 AM)BennyLava Wrote: I don't believe I've seen the purple round ones (very '70s) but I've had generic zolpidem that was as orange as Trump's 'hair'. It seems every time I get generic Z from my doctor, they look different.

Be they purple, orange, white, stars, stripes or polka dots, round or square, doesn't matter one bit, it's active ingredient that counts. Your best bet when researching a generic is to ask who manufactures it. Ideally you want a big-name manufacturer, just like when supermarkets have a house brand.

Just because it tastes like chalk doesn't mean it's bad. I've had generics which taste of nothing in particular, one which tasted slightly salty, and some which tasted like 'the real thing'. Made no difference at all to it's efficacy.

BennyLava (and the Jets)
Interesting point about the taste.  I actually do crush zolpidem in my mouth instead of swallowing and definitely notice the taste varies from brand to brand.  Someone mentioned a bitter taste they imbue to make it unpalatable to children.  Good to hear that the taste doesn't necessarily indicate quality.

Thanks, BennyLava and the Jets!