Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENADRYL(DIPHENHYDRAMINE) WORK'S GREAT FOR ME AS SLEEP AID, BUT?
Thanks for the kind words Grease! It is the only thing that seems to work for me? Any suggestions?-FF
Wow, I tried Melatonin and it is great! Benadryl did kind of have a slight hangover effect. I sleep so well and it is better sleep! I have been taking 20mg and should look into wether or not that is a safe amount. If I recall the pharmacist said yes and that they even have a prescription version of Melatonin? Maybe stronger or combined with other Meds? Thank You My Friends!-FF
About 4 years ago they brought out a new anti depressant called Valdoxan/Agomelatine and my doctor gave me about 6 sample packs. (which i still have all 45 tabs)
They have now taken it off the market due to it having no anti depressant properties.

But someone did say to me that there is some kind of connection between this medication and Melatonin Does anyone have any experience with this medication or mixing with other meds??
Valdoxan(agomelatine) not melatonin.

Any feedback would be much appreciated
(03-17-2018, 02:10 AM)peacemaker Wrote: About 4 years ago they brought out a new anti depressant called Valdoxan/Agomelatine and my doctor gave me about 6 sample packs. (which i still have all 45 tabs)
They have now taken it off the market due to it having no anti depressant properties.

But someone did say to me that there is some kind of connection between this medication and Melatonin Does anyone have any experience with this medication or mixing with other meds??
Valdoxan(agomelatine)  not melatonin.

Hi Peacemaker,

Agomelatine is an unusual antidepressant, and one of its properties is to stimulate the M1/M2 receptors (melatonin receptors). Supposedly it can help normalize the circadian rhythm. I don't have any personal experience with it.
Supposedly Tylenol causes liver damage only if it's taken as a large single dose.

https://livertox.nlm.nih.gov/Acetaminophen.htm
(03-19-2018, 03:34 AM)invisiblejungle Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 02:10 AM)peacemaker Wrote: About 4 years ago they brought out a new anti depressant called Valdoxan/Agomelatine and my doctor gave me about 6 sample packs. (which i still have all 45 tabs)

Valdoxan(agomelatine)  not melatonin.

Hi Peacemaker,

Agomelatine is an unusual antidepressant, and one of its properties is to stimulate the M1/M2 receptors (melatonin receptors). Supposedly it can help normalize the circadian rhythm. I don't have any personal experience with it.

It was a pretty rare antidepressant infact i dont think the chemists were even selling it at the time. I think it was just given to a number of GPs in sample form just to get their patients feedback i suppose i wasnt much help cause i never even took 1 tablet. but i was just so sick of my Gp prescribing me about 10 different types of anti depressants.   
Anyway it is pretty hard to find much interaction experience with this medication as not many people have used it.   Funny even if i want to use it there is not much point cause it has been taken off the market.
Benadry is known to cause issues with the prostate. Not good for men to take long term
There is also no known antidote ..... really really bad to watch
Hi whatapain and "Secret Agent Man-Woman m3" Very Happy to say, and believe it was suggested on IOP, that I have been off the Diphenhydramine for 6 weeks now. The Melatonin works like a charm for me! I fall asleep peacefully and wake well rested instead being knocked out and waking up with a slight hang-over. For those of U who have never tried it, give it a go! I take 2 10mg tabs, sometimes only 1 if real tired. Thanks You all! WAP I do not wake up to Pee every night, but at 52 I think that will happen regardless? FF