Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENADRYL(DIPHENHYDRAMINE) WORK'S GREAT FOR ME AS SLEEP AID, BUT?
Hey Friend, That is very interesting info and much appreciated! I do not use the 25mg on the weekends but use at night every weekday. A bad habit but it say's non-habit forming? I do feel good when I wake up but it is always too early so I go back to sleep and then do not feel so good? Do not want to get out of bed at 4 a.m. and wait for 2 hours before the drive to work. Thanks for the post! I think I understand your handle as I have fun trying too figure out the various handles people use. Mine is a No-Brainer, I raise fish for live-Haul and Process fish for human consumption. I do not play secret agent man with my handle and am proud of what I do as Aquaculture is the future as wild caught fish stocks are diminishing although their are many marine fish actually increasing in numbers. Pollack is a good example. Best to you coffeedude22-FF
Have you tried Phenegran?
or Nytol?
Whenever I take ph*nergan, I pass out. I wake up with "hangover." It's never been given to me for sleep, but only for nausea after surgery. Is this an option for those who don't take zol or other sleep aids. Does Nytol really work?
diph3nhydram1ne is a nasty, nasty substance. I'd stop using it and switch to something else.
I take benadryl nightly. I do not notice a problem when i dont take it but that is anecdotal.
I would hardly call it Nasty, but folks do react different to meds. I think the important thing with Diph is to use as directed and be sure you will get a full 8 hours of sleep or you will get a "Hangover" effect. Have a good weekend All!-FF
(02-23-2018, 07:34 PM)fishfarmer Wrote: I would hardly call it Nasty, but folks do react different to meds. I think the important thing with Diph is to use as directed and be sure you will get a full 8 hours of sleep or you will get a "Hangover" effect. Have a good weekend All!-FF

It's bad for me, very bad. I can't take even 25 mg without getting negative effects. 
Even for others, benadryl long term is bad for your brain, heart especially, kidneys, liver, everything pretty much.
(02-23-2018, 08:39 PM)thegreaseman Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 07:34 PM)fishfarmer Wrote: I would hardly call it Nasty, but folks do react different to meds. I think the important thing with Diph is to use as directed and be sure you will get a full 8 hours of sleep or you will get a "Hangover" effect. Have a good weekend All!-FF

It's bad for me, very bad. I can't take even 25 mg without getting negative effects. 
Even for others, benadryl long term is bad for your brain, heart especially, kidneys, liver, everything pretty much.

Yet its over the counter and readily available like cigarettes!!!
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
Grease,appreciate the info as I have not researched or talked to Doc about the med. Am already on fenofibrate after Pancreatitis and that can have negative effects on the Liver. Will have a full Blood work-up in April and see. Sad that I am an alcoholic as well, more info would be nice, THANKS-FF
(02-24-2018, 04:06 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: Grease,appreciate the info as I have not researched or talked to Doc about the med. Am already on fenofibrate after Pancreatitis and that can have negative effects on the Liver. Will have a full Blood work-up in April and see. Sad that I am an alcoholic as well, more info would be nice, THANKS-FF

Hey fishfarmer. I'm sorry to hear that you're an alcoholic. While I don't have much experience in the subject (tiptoeing into teetotalism) if you ever want to pm me my family has a history of alcoholism and I could maybe offer some sort of support or care. How dph is metabolized in the liver does increase the risk of liver damage, if taken in large dosages. However if there are preexisting liver problems one must exercise utmost caution when ingesting it. I'm not exactly sure why as I don't really dabble in either substance but you can do a quick engine search and find a plethora of info on it. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you but please be careful. May your doctor appointment yield good results. Thank you.