Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing bioavailability of benzo's
(01-12-2018, 08:58 PM)OldBoy Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 02:35 AM)Rafterman Wrote: Since clinical bioavailability studies of benzo's are notoriously inaccurate, the question becomes a more subjective one. It's not really a "one size fits all" thing. I have had the privilege, through my work, of observing the effects of Alp on upwards of 1400 clients (spanning 3 decades). I am also seen it used by friends and family members and I, myself, have been using it for decades for PD and GAD. Since I am smartly not allowed to mention some of the ROA that I have seen used, I will not. I can tell you this, though. I have found that the number one way to increase bioavailability is to take it on an empty stomach. As everyone knows, protein's in the circulatory system compete with benzo's for passage by the blood brain barrier into the brain. When there is nothing else to compete with, the impact is like night and day over someone who has taken them with food. Same could be said of opioids, IMO. Empty stomach not available? Then sub-L would be the go. Every formulation of ALP that I have ever encountered has been lipid-soluble, which means that it will do nicely under the tongue. It's not perfect, as salivary secretions will be begin to break it down if you dawdle, but it sure beats swallowing it on a full stomach. In sum, I believe that an empty stomach trumps an unconventional ROA and also trumps any other substance (Tagamet, grapefruit juice, etc) designed to potentiate benzo's. Just my opinion, though. Your experiences?

RM - I just switched from .5 clon 2x day to 2mg @tivan 2x day, both crushed, both Sub-L...But good grief, the @tivan hits more quickly and has no euphoric effect, just calms.  I think I've found my new benz@ - As long as it is boxed and blistered.

O,
Just to clarify, did you used to get any euphoric effect from the clowns? Or do you find the neither med brought euphoria? Just curious. My sister-in-law has been maintained on @tivan for something like a decade now. Swears by it. She is cool with me and would have easily let me take if for a test drive, but I never made the request. I don't know if I was afraid to stray from my clowns, or if I thought the two meds might potentially be too similar to bother. I think I will try for a day or two in place of the clowns because if what you said. My doc has offered to switch out the clowns for the l-pam a few different times over the years. He actually prefers to latter because he believes they have more of a calming effect. Thanks a lot.  RM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing bioavailability of benzo's - by Rafterman - 01-12-2018, 09:47 PM