Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing bioavailability of benzo's
cmdline, Howdy!

I read about the grapefruit juice & how it can enhance certain drugs...
I decided to test it out. I was able to find PURE grapefruit juice
in my local store.... Tried it w/ my medication and nada.  I felt no more enhanced. Didn't work for me.
I was bummed, to say the least Sad
(12-06-2017, 08:33 PM)Aquarius Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 02:35 AM)Rafterman Wrote: Since clinical bioavailability studies of benzo's are notoriously inaccurate, the question becomes a more subjective one. It's not really a "one size fits all" thing. I have had the privilege, through my work, of observing the effects of Alp on upwards of 1400 clients (spanning 3 decades). I am also seen it used by friends and family members and I, myself, have been using it for decades for PD and GAD. Since I am smartly not allowed to mention some of the ROA that I have seen used, I will not. I can tell you this, though. I have found that the number one way to increase bioavailability is to take it on an empty stomach. As everyone knows, protein's in the circulatory system compete with benzo's for passage by the blood brain barrier into the brain. When there is nothing else to compete with, the impact is like night and day over someone who has taken them with food. Same could be said of opioids, IMO. Empty stomach not available? Then sub-L would be the go. Every formulation of ALP that I have ever encountered has been lipid-soluble, which means that it will do nicely under the tongue. It's not perfect, as salivary secretions will be begin to break it down if you dawdle, but it sure beats swallowing it on a full stomach. In sum, I believe that an empty stomach trumps an unconventional ROA and also trumps any other substance (Tagamet, grapefruit juice, etc) designed to potentiate benzo's. Just my opinion, though. Your experiences?
For benzos such as clonazepam,ativan,etc. Are available subliminally, but for alpraz. And Diaz. My experience for even just regular oral use for that one second interaction between my taste buds and those substances, it tastes very bitter and unpleasant. Cant imagine fully letting it dissolve sub-l . The bioavailability isnt much higher either usually ubless they are meant to be taken so, from my experience and from research.
Howdy Aquarius,
It's true that there isn't a huge increase in bioavailability by going sub-L, but the difference is enough to be termed "appreciable" by some. After all, if fully dissolved, you are sparing the med the ravages of your digestive system. Every little bit helps. It doesn't compare with the ultimate potentiator, IMO (which I believe is an MT stomach). While they market versions of Ativan and ALP as "sublingual", all lipid-soluble benzo's should be able to be effectively taken that way. Some may have an outer skin (really stupid of the drug manufacturer's to do that because it would be to their benefit to make the meds as soluble as possible). I powder any med that I take sublingually. That defeats the outer shell, if one exists. People usually dislike the bitterness, but I have seen some come to actually like it (long term users who come to associate that bitterness with the relief that is soon on it's way). Funny how the mind works. Cheers.  RM
+1 on bitterness its easy to spot someone who is new to benzos, that bitterness is unique and so far only real proof without doing extensive testing to say med is real when it comes to alps, clonz have a bit of a minty (closest i can think of) taste, vals are a bit of a grainy texture and flat taste, all in there a worse tasting vitamins then alp taste,and guess yeah long term users actually like it,since as said it just proves they have real deal.
(12-07-2017, 04:54 PM)cmdline Wrote: +1 on bitterness its easy to spot someone who is new to benzos, that bitterness is unique and so far only real proof without doing extensive testing to say med is real when it comes to alps, clonz have a bit of a minty (closest i can think of) taste, vals are a bit of a grainy texture and flat taste, all in there a worse tasting vitamins then alp taste,and guess yeah long term users actually like it,since as said it just proves they have real deal.

Thank you, cmdline. I was hesitant to say that I really liked the bitter taste, but I do. I am one of those people who associate it with relief. If I go sublingual, then my ALP is powdered and I can always taste the bitterness. I powder it only to help it more fully be absorbed, but that is how I first got to know the bitterness. If I am going to take it on an MT stomach, then I just swallow it (after I crush it up a bit with my front teeth). Yes, I must say that I have come to really like that bitter flavor. And like you said, that bitterness let's you know what you are dealing with. Same for the slight mintyness of the c-pam. Val's grainy and flat...absolutely agree with that and all of your keen observation's here. Thanks again.  RM
I can agree from experience empty stomach and grapefruit juice is great and works for your opiate p@1n K1LLer also.
(12-08-2017, 11:49 PM)blandy Wrote: I can agree from experience empty stomach and grapefruit juice is great and works for your opiate p@1n K1LLer also.

Blandy, so true about the grapefruit juice and pk potentiation. Some can't have it if they are on certain medications...primarily digoxin for the heart. I have seen thread's elsewhere that said that many in that situation have found success using certain type's of orange juice's in place of grapefruit. I have never tried that and don't know anything who has (firsthand). Have you?   Rafter
The empty stomach does work wonders for seizure meds. I've found over time that i'm happier in general on smaller meals more often throughout the day than 3 big meals. Food in excess just brings my spirit down. As difficult as fasting is, every once in a while it can perk up a span of days
(01-07-2018, 02:38 AM)coffeedude22 Wrote: The empty stomach does work wonders for seizure meds.  I've found over time that i'm  happier in general on smaller meals more often throughout the day than 3 big meals.  Food in excess just brings my spirit down.  As difficult as fasting is, every once in a while it can perk up a span of days

How cool that you would say that because I am the exact same way. Eating smaller meals throughout the day and an occasional fast work wonders for me. Always nice to hear that works for other peopl. Food in excess bogs down my mind, spirit and physical body. Always nice to hear that works for other people, too. Thanks.  RM
The more of Rafterman's posts I read, the more impressed (and intrigued) I become.

Now all I have to do is get over the face that I KNOW  I'm going to pull when I put that crushed-between-two-little-spoons @lp under my tongue and wait for the bitterness to hit.
Perhaps in time, I too will grow to like what it represents, and get the extra benefit from what I know is about to kick in....

Like all bitters do, the @lp bitterness will elicit a reflex release of bile from the gall bladder - so while I'm sucking on it all scrunchy faced, if there is food in my stomach, at least it should assist the digestion of fats.
(Which, unfortunately, does not translate as "will magically dissolve abdominal fat".  Big Grin)
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
(01-08-2018, 11:47 AM)Richardg8092 Wrote: The more of Rafterman's posts I read, the more impressed (and intrigued) I become.

Now all I have to do is get over the face that I KNOW  I'm going to pull when I put that crushed-between-two-little-spoons @lp under my tongue and wait for the bitterness to hit.
Perhaps in time, I too will grow to like what it represents, and get the extra benefit from what I know is about to kick in....

Like all bitters do, the @lp bitterness will elicit a reflex release of bile from the gall bladder - so while I'm sucking on it all scrunchy faced, if there is food in my stomach, at least it should assist the digestion of fats.
(Which, unfortunately, does not translate as "will magically dissolve abdominal fat".  Big Grin)

Wow, man. Thanks a lot for that compliment. You are very kind. I hope that you do eventually pick up a conditioned response to the taste because its almost like it feels like the ALP is kicking in immediately. Well, not like it hits you like a train or anything, but it signals the brain that the cavalry is on its way. You can kind of feel yourself unwind just a bit at that very moment. Every little bit helps. (Oh, that's an interesting point you raise when you speak of enhanced bile secretion when taking in bitter substances. Hadn't made that connection). Thanks again, Rich.   RM