Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
SORRY TO SEE SO MUCH INTEREST IN ALPS?
Hey OldBoy, Sounds Like you are on the right track My Friend. V's make me a bit drowsy and tapering was rather easy as I went from 40mg a day with some Beers after work to non-daily use! Still say as I have too many times that Clonazepam would be a great transition med and under the tongue comes on quick and is very pleasant. Best Wishes-FF
It all depend on each person. Nothing give me the "peace of mind " state like alprazolam. And sometimes I simple need that.
I am not suffering for panic attacks, but when It was a daily think, the alp was a life saving .
But, yes, you can use it in the wrong way too. To feel 24X7 happy and sleeping all the day .
I am scripted a low dose of both clon@z and alpr@z.
This works very well for me for my GAD and panic attacks when they occur.
I'm lucky to have a Dr that understands my anxieties and even when my state started cracking down, she just lowered me slightly, but I can't fault her their.
Alp's certainly have their place, and after I started this thread I expected some angry responses! Very Happy to hear that it has become more of a discussion than Bad-Mouthing Me! But this is the decent common courtesy I have come to expect at IOP, Good Folks, All of You!-FF
I agree.  It can be easy to get hooked on these medications.  Some great advice in this thread.
(10-22-2017, 09:44 PM)cajunbulldog38 Wrote: I take Ativan for panic attacks and told my doctor not xanax because it felt too good.

HAHAHA i love Ativan and it lasts longer for me win alround!!!
I think different ones have different benefits and we all have different needs in type/quantity/strength. Just my opinion try to use what works best for you in my opinion..
Thanks,
AA
totally love reading through this thread. I am familiar with all the different benzos, but just reading about them in drug guides for school/work. hearing different opinions is way better haha. personally, I don't really like to use benzos just because propranolol has worked great for me. and I guess to each their own, everybody is different and works what is best for them.
"You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” - Dr. MLK Jr.
I think that some doctors should be privy to the fact that long term prescribing of benzos can be more harmful than good. Keep in mind i was in a horrible place at the time.

At first i was all for my psych prescribing them every day and he also agrees that its ok obviously. It`s funny how my GP finds it absolutely disgraceful that he has me on them everyday.

The benzos do still work after 3 years that is 2x 5mg nitraz but they worked about 5 x better when i first started them.

I actually use to swap between about 5 different benzos every 2-3 months which did help with the tolerance. Ativan was my favorite as well. Unfortunately l can only take Bromazepam and nitrazepam now due to a major interaction with my other medication i take daily. Weird i know i can take nitraz but cant take clonazepam or i will throw up.
(03-19-2018, 12:06 AM)peacemaker Wrote: I think that some doctors should be privy to the fact that long term prescribing of benzos can be more harmful than good.  Keep in mind i was in a horrible place at the time.

At first i was all for my psych prescribing them every day and he also agrees that its ok obviously. It`s funny how my GP finds it absolutely disgraceful that he has me on them everyday.

The benzos do still work after 3 years that is 2x 5mg nitraz but they worked about 5 x better when i first started them.  

I actually use to swap between about 5 different benzos every 2-3 months which did help with the tolerance.   Ativan was my favorite as well. Unfortunately l can only take Bromazepam and nitrazepam now due to a major interaction with my other medication i take daily. Weird i know i can take nitraz but cant take clonazepam or i will throw up.

It is amazing how variations of the same class of meds can impact people in such drastic ways. I have found a rotation of various formulations/incarnations of benz0s also helps me with tolerance. Kpins are probably the longest lasting and provide the highest level of functionality . However for a sudden panic attack it is hard to beat an alp for fast onset of relief.