Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SORRY TO SEE SO MUCH INTEREST IN ALPS?
FOR THE MOST PART A BENZO IS A BENZO, AND ALL CAN BECOME HABIT FORMING, BELIEVE ME I KNOW. YEARS AGO THE TALK WAS A LOT ABOUT V'S AND ALL THE OTHERS,ALPS INCLUDED. SINCE XANAX WAS SO WIDELY SCRIPTED YREARS BACK AND THE DOC'S HAVE REALIZED SOME OF THE TROUBLES WITH ABUSE THEY HAVE BEEN MORE HESITANT ABOUT SCRIPTING THIS MED AND NOW WE HAVE A GENERATION THAT SEEMS TO RELY ON IT. PLEASE DO NOT GET ME WRONG, AS I BELIEVE IT IS THE CHOICE WHEN IT COMES TO SEVERE PANIC ATTACKS, BUT THERE ARE OPTIONS WITH OTHER BENZOS,  AND I THINK MANY FOLKS WHO USE IT HAVE SOCIAL ANXIETY ISSUES AND JUST PLAIN GENERAL ANXIETY?; AS I HAVE. I HAVE USED CLONAZEPAM-KLONOPIN FOR 15 YEARS DAILY AND THE GRADUAL TAPER HAS BEEN RATHER SIMPLE, EVEN FORGOT TOO TAKE MY 1MG K-PIN IN THE MORN LAST WEEK AND THE WORLD DID NOT END AND THERE WAS NO INCREASED ANXIETY. I USED TOO HAVE PANIC ATTACKS AS WELL AND KLONOPIN UNDER THE TONGUE WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT FAST. JUST HAVE READ ABOUT AND WITNESSED TOO MANY HORROR STORIES AS WELL AS THE DESPERATE POSTS AND PM'S FROM FOLKS USING THIS MED. THIS IS JUST A NOTE OF CONCERN AND I AM NOT PASSING JUDGEMENT!!! IF IT IS THE ONLY MED THAT WORKS FOR YOU, THAN SO BE IT. I COME FROM A FAMILY OF DOC'S AND FEEL FREE TO PM ME OR POST A REPLY. NOT JUDGING ANYONE AND HOPE YOU ALL FIND A WAY TOO DEAL WITH YOUR ANXIETY! BEST TOO YOU ALL-FF
I take Ativan for panic attacks and told my doctor not xanax because it felt too good.
Disabled Veteran.Heavily medicated for your safety Blush
Hi CajunBD38, Welcome home and THANKS for your service!! A Wise person indeed! Read your intro so understand why you have too start over here. Sounds like you have many friends here already, that is a good start. I Wish you well-FF
Kpins are one way to approach all of these magazines have a specific purpose. A benzo is benzo is a bit of an over sight. So many things can and do vary with benzos on set time and half life being two big main ones. Be careful recommending a one size fits all solution, not everyone wants to research and will take it as it comes. While I do agree K is a better than X especially for steady use but there are so many others that have different purposes. With this one to all who read, be cautious. Benzos can be extremely dangerous and become very easy to rely on quickly.
(10-23-2017, 03:35 AM)Incognito80 Wrote: Yes benzos are a slippery slope. Alp feels to damn good for too short of a period of time. K-pins are a nice, steady, calm, wave throughout the day.

Alps make me too out of it, I can't function on them.  I'd rather just have the panic attack go away and Loraz's do that for me.
They are milder IMO, than X and when i'm out I don't suffer w/d's .  When I do get the X's tho,
I only take a small amt.  I don't want to be swaying everywhere I just
don't want the panicky feeling.  I only take when feeling panicky too.  Don't like to take X for sleep either...
too groggy in the morning.
 Angels Among US      Angel
I have background in Valium,Ativan,and xanax.I find Ativan works best for my panic attacks without the high feelings xanax would give me.
Disabled Veteran.Heavily medicated for your safety Blush
well sort of agree FF xanax even short duration hypes my tolerance intake massively over few weeks, think if had choice id stick with v@ls few a day long half life and easy to forget to take extra when not needed.

thou more serious issue is dont think anyone goes on benzo without good reason and most revolve around anxiety- bad rep comes from those that usually combine some A grade stuff and make cocktail out of it,since in general its really safe drug compared to many more dangerous ones that docs seem to hand out freely just because over the years theres been cases of few bad accidents.granted wont deny theres addiction to it but for someone with daily anxiety its small trade off,then combine that with world we live in today fast pace,having to achieve and compete and theres no place nor care for those who just need few pills to be as rest just because we cant cope like others.

think hardest part is there isnt any treatment guaranteed to get rid of anxiety, granted one can work over the years, but they still have difficult times, i have met and know people in my life who live with it dailly some manage to cope, some are just pitty to watch since they barely have a grip and dont know nor seek help,and thats not life granted some overcome issues but us genuine people would need to be living under the rock if it wasnt for this age, since its only been less than 60yrs where people with mental dissabilities were labatomized sent to asylums,or just locked up like animals.

ive had plenty of anxiety panic attacks to last me couple life times, and if benzo is the answer then ill take it,since otherwise theres little to none living under constant pressure and not being able to even socialize properly.
(10-23-2017, 04:58 PM)cmdline Wrote: well sort of agree FF xanax even short duration hypes my tolerance intake massively over few weeks, think if had choice id stick with v@ls few a day long half life and easy to forget to take extra when not needed.

thou more serious issue is dont think anyone goes on benzo without good reason and most revolve around anxiety- bad rep comes from those that usually combine some A grade stuff and make cocktail out of it,since in general its really safe drug compared to many more dangerous ones that docs seem to hand out freely just because over the years theres been cases of few bad accidents.granted wont deny theres addiction to it but for someone with daily anxiety its small trade off,then combine that with world we live in today fast pace,having to achieve and compete and theres no place nor care for those who just need few pills to be as rest just because we cant cope like others.

think hardest part is there isnt any treatment guaranteed to get rid of anxiety, granted one can work over the years, but they still have difficult times, i have met and know people in my life who live with it dailly some manage to cope, some are just pitty to watch since they barely have a grip and dont know nor seek help,and thats not life granted some overcome issues but us genuine people would need to be living under the rock if it wasnt for this age, since its only been less than 60yrs where people with mental dissabilities were labatomized sent to asylums,or just locked up like animals.

ive had plenty of anxiety panic attacks to last me couple life times, and if benzo is the answer then ill take it,since otherwise theres little to none living under constant pressure and not being able to even socialize properly.
I agree about how x's make you feel to good to quick and my tolerance is out of control in no time. I'd are much smoother and drawn out over time instead of that punch between the eyes that x's give you.
Well I jumped into the river to many times to make it home...

hoping all having great xmas and run up to new year.

On the topic i still stand i think many who choose any benzo they have pretty good reason, anxiety runs in my family and know some function without any help of any meds but they live sort of dull lives no achievements no courage and worrying about any simple detail in life, i went trough horrible ordeal when hitting my teens and being constantly anxious destroyed any chances of relationships confidence etc people though i was weirdo and no one knew what was wrong with me and if not for benzos not sure what i would of done since therapy and other crap out there takes years and results are mediocre at best,so i dont hold any judgement if someone needs few pops a day do be like rest of society and just get by day to day.

off topic but other day was reading some reply someone posted on social media and they said after drinking over xmas they felt like dying,yet natural plant that grows across the globe is classed as most dangerous drug in most countries yet its side effects barely come to those of alcohol, and its just because goverment says so that all have to abide, yet drink till you drop dead and no one will care, not preaching here world consiracy but its the way we are controlled, now you see such things as sugar getting taxed, whats next extra 5% on caffeine,people arent allowed to make their own choices nowadays,and support for those in need of help is so poor that few of us here have to find backdoors to get our own lives sorted.benzos aint great but i dont see any progress in last 4 decades that did even quarter progress to improve on this.
No issues at all with someone who visits a psych Doc and if Alps are the script, who is a FF to argue with that? That being said, I have never seen a post on any board of anyone so desperate for Alps. Got the boot from the last board after a long time as I contacted the vendor on her behalf and she posted that FF got things right with the vendor and I was gone! I do not miss that soap opera,and glad to be here! My only thought is that V's can help but tend to make me drowsy. Clonazepam, even if you have to take 2mg, if U have a high tolerance will last the day and save you money, Lots! Feel Free to PM me if you have ? Happy upcoming New Year!!! FF