Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
communicating
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if there is a protocol for communicating with vendors, like asking status of order?
I want to be polite to them, of course, but I want to get to the point without sounding like I'm 
coming off to them as being demanding.  I don't want anything to be delayed, but after 7 days, 
I think a little message is needed.  Your help is so HELPFUL to me! LOL
 Angels Among US      Angel
(10-10-2017, 09:19 AM)alsmom360 Wrote: Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if there is a protocol for communicating with vendors, like asking status of order?
I want to be polite to them, of course, but I want to get to the point without sounding like I'm 
coming off to them as being demanding.  I don't want anything to be delayed, but after 7 days, 
I think a little message is needed.  Your help is so HELPFUL to me! LOL

The best way is to e-mail the vendor direct whomever you are using. Once your order has shipped depending on the vendor your 7 day reminder is a little bit too early. The only time I would start emailing a vendor that fast is if you were not given a shipping confirmation but as a rule once it has left the vendor and they have confirmed they have shipped it I give it 30 days before I would email the vendor and tell them we might have a problem. Once a vendor ships there is nothing more they can do. It's in the hands of the mail or however it was shipped.

Remember most vendors will process your order and ship within that 7 days but once it hits the mail it could be 7 days or I have seen packages I thought lost or seized show up 6 months later. That's just the business we are in..

Peace All

Fury
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
as fury said if its shipped 7 days is nothing with most vendors thus no point in asking or bothering them about times etc, but other then that if you paid etc and waiting date confirmation then its reasonable to ask for such details .
(10-10-2017, 01:16 PM)cmdline Wrote: as fury said if its shipped 7 days is nothing with most vendors thus no point in asking or bothering them about times etc, but other then that if you paid etc and waiting date confirmation then its reasonable to ask for such details .

Thanks you guys!  I should have said it hadn't shipped yet.  It has been in pymt rec'd for 7 days.  Weird tho, I did email with courteous questions and now it's shipped status.  Maybe I moved it along a little faster?  Maybe not, but I really appreciate the help.  

6 mths WOW, did it fall off the processing table, longest i've waited was 28 working days but that was like month and a half "real days"  I don't like the waiting game....but like said above it's the business were in  Thanks!
 Angels Among US      Angel