Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
methadonia
Hi allĀ  soz not been around for a while but fantastic news am methadone free and totally recovered yee ha! Boy it took some doing but I done it! So anyone struggling with other meds please believe me if after over 20 odd yrs of that and i can do that take inspiration cos it dont get much harder than that am back sleeping the lot and towards the end whover mentioned exersize there bang on the money. 1 happy Bothereddog. Smile
"The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself"
Thanks for posting your journey - it does give people hope. Best wishes to you and congratulations. Smile

(04-17-2017, 07:31 AM)bothereddog Wrote: Hi allĀ  soz not been around for a while but fantastic news am methadone free and totally recovered yee ha! Boy it took some doing but I done it! So anyone struggling with other meds please believe me if after over 20 odd yrs of that and i can do that take inspiration cos it dont get much harder than that am back sleeping the lot and towards the end whover mentioned exersize there bang on the money. 1 happy Bothereddog. Smile
I attempted to come off twice- first attempt I was sick for 6 weeks, and bounced back. 2nd time I tapered to 30mg, took 2mg suboxone 6 weeks to flush out the meth- I was sick for a literal no bull 12 month year. I crawled back to the program resigned to be a lifer.

I do have an appointment in 2 weeks who does suboxone (in a chill fashion- no urines or anything) but thats my second choice- he gives roxy 30s so I am gonna go for 4 a day. Either way I will be ok.

The ^%E%^%^& clinic took my takehome bottles because I had a seizure last week, and when I got my faculties together I noticed one bottle was missing. I got papers from the hospital corroborating my story, but nope federal law states any bottle that goes out without returning has to be punished. Screw that I put my time in, passed my drug tests, never missed an appointment, I'm going for a once a month appointment.
Yes my friend at times it feels there as much a hinderence as help.
Bothereddog- Congrats, good to see an update! You sounded pretty resolved to get the monkey off your back, I figured you'd do fine, glad to hear it Smile

Rattzo- I've been where you are, had a hard time getting off mdone. I also had my bottles taken because my urines were showing no mdone present. No other substances, but no mdone either. I was so pissed I almost left cold turkey. After they served me my written notice of being demoted, my UA's went back to normal. I have no explanation as to what happened to this day... Anyway, sorry to ramble, I hope you find a way out that works for you.
Wow, congratulations!
That is no easy feat. I know first personal hand about Suboxone, but not Methadone.
Gives hope to others, and an inspiration to all!
Just another little update those who showed an interest in my little quest here, you will be pleased, I hope:-) to know that apart from two days I went a little silly an got well trollyed but,but with other nicer type things if you will. Am still totally methadog free and (I've never weighed as much!) So all good here still. Thanks all. Bd.
Well done for getting off the mdone bothereddog,I put on a lot of weight when i came off subs,have lost it all again now,was about 2 and half years ago,so glad i don't have to deal with those drug clinic people and go collecting my dose twice a week from the pharmacy.

I would hate to end up back on it,they make you pick up everyday and watch you take your script,some don't like taking it all at once,sometimes its better to split it up during the day,hopefully none of us will be doing that in future,good luck all if trying get off that stuff,break the chain!
Wonderful wonderful news. I am so happy for you, I can't imagine what challenges you've been through getting to this point, but I'm sure you are proud of yourself. I have a family member who has been on and off of substances, as well as what you were discussing. It has been a struggle for her life. Blessings to you, and peace. I'm very happy for you! Heart Big Grin

I was on methadone for 4 years, I cant imagine what its like being on it for 20 some odd years. YOU my friend are one brave and powerful person for being able to get off of the liquid handcuffs as I like to refer to it as. I know this post,was from April so I hope things are,still going well for you. That is amazing though, I am so happy to hear these kinds of success stories when it comes to methadone.