Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Marijuana in WV
Finally, some news about medical marijuana in my state which seems to be totally against drugs and medications of all types, prescribed or not. I've even heard of officers taking peoples prescriptions because they were written by doctors in other states, insane! It looks like the governor of WV has signed medical marijuana into law. I agree with medical marijuana completely and I have personally witnessed what it can do for people with anxiety, depression, cancer and epilepsy and I think it should be available for medical use. Too bad it wasn't available years ago. Hopefully the products will soon start hitting the shelves and people can start getting prescriptions for it.
Totally agree WV. With such a versatile plant that cures an assortment of ailments it boggles my mind why it hasn't been implemented globally yet.. or maybe that is the very reason why it has not....
I would think states would jump on the bandwagon to increase tax revenue
47           "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" - The Joker           47
legalization of medical marijuana is in my eyes, a must for every state. i cant understand how someone could even compare marijuana with say, meth@mphetamine/her0in etc.
the benefits of MM for a patient who truly needs relief, whether it be pain, anxiety, etc. my mother had cancer, and she could never eat after chemo. and i mean never. but i finally got her to try some MM and she uses it daily now, even helps her pain. its a miracle drug.
(01-16-2018, 03:01 AM)zman2mg Wrote: legalization of medical marijuana is in my eyes, a must for every state. i cant understand how someone could even compare marijuana with say, meth@mphetamine/her0in etc.
the benefits of MM for a patient who truly needs relief, whether it be pain, anxiety, etc. my mother had cancer, and she could never eat after chemo. and i mean never. but i finally got her to try some MM and she uses it daily now, even helps her pain. its a miracle drug.

Agreed, zman. What has always amazed me are the restrictions on physicians when it comes to prescribing it. They are allowed to prescribe hardcore drugs that can kill a person instantly, but not MJ. The laws are sad and misguided. I am sure the biggest barrier has always been those worrying about the slippery slope. As legalization takes effect in places like NJ, lets see the results that are reported. I think that the media is fairly copacetic to the cause, but not all of the media. Peace. RM
(09-12-2017, 08:37 PM)nj42086 Wrote: I would think states would jump on the bandwagon to increase tax revenue

Me, too, NJ. I hate to say it, but after living in NJ for 50 years, I think that some states "lose" any kind of new revenue down a black hole. Where does the money go from legalized gambling in AC? How about from horseracing at The Meadowlands? You would think that the state could use some of that extra income to lower the property taxes, which are the highest in the US. I think that many more people would get behind legalization if they trusted their state to do the right thing with the new-found bucks.  RM