Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Days when it is difficult to move? lazy? or depressed?
(01-09-2018, 05:52 AM)Naomi Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 03:42 AM)James Atherton Wrote: I have days like that alot. I have kind of an emergency routine that may seem trite, but helps me feel anew, refreshed, and able to take on the day. 

First. I take a shower and get a haircut. I buy a new shirt and clean my room. Minor changes, but changes I can make in the moment and do have a direct effect on my mood. Then I make a call, usually to a family member to check in and do it while I'm on a walk. Finally I do one minor thing that I've been putting off, like paying a bill or something. 

While these are all done with ease by others, sometimes they an appear to be monumental tasks. This simple routine pulls me out of my funk all the time. Best of luck! thanks for the thread. Hit close to home.

Having specific tasks you can turn to for a quick mood boost are great. Showering is definitely mine. Once I do that, I can usually be some level of productive that day. I definitely understand how seemingly normal tasks feel monumental. Keep up the great work and stay strong!

You too Naomi!  I think most people take for granted the difficulties one can face in the darkness of depression or anxiety and equally in those moments, we forget the little things that can pull us out and bring some pretty significant miracles. Peace be with you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Days when it is difficult to move? lazy? or depressed? - by James Atherton - 01-09-2018, 06:53 AM