Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best supplment for good skin?
(08-29-2017, 09:12 PM)yellowdog Wrote: I know there are supplments esp for the skin, but are there supplments high in EFA that will help improve the skin without costing $40 plus.

I try and eat salmon and nuts  often and I have seen an improvement.

I see plenty of omega fish oil, but I want something that can make my SKIN look better.

any ideas?

Not a supplement, but a good skin care routine has done the most for my skin. I used to take biotin and I noticed it helped my nails, but not much else. I started using Hyaluronic acid serum and Vitamin c serum in addition to my current skin care routine and they have definitely helped with hydration and plumpness.
(01-09-2018, 11:04 PM)maldita Wrote: I am interested in this topic so please keep posting. I'm turning 40 and have not been really into any skin regime. I have started using moisturiser with SPF since moving to the UK because winter makes me flaky. I've also started using vaseline lip balm. I drink a lot of water (I have an 8 litre Brita water dispenser in my office and at home. My meds make me sooooo thirsty.). As I'm new to skin care, I'd love to know how you take care of yours. I've not been very good with mine because I had bad acne growing up and this was cleared by roaccutane but with all the scars, I did not see any point in being fussy about it. I'm just glad the acne is gone. But now I am getting old, I am becoming more conscious and don't want to look like a hag when I turn 40.

What helped me really get into skin care was going on YouTube and search skin care for dry skin (insert whatever skin type you have) and went down the rabbit hole. I got a lot of ideas, researched reviews on products and now I have a pretty set routine. If you're looking to get into skin care without investing a lot, The Ordinary is a good brand to start off with to see if a skin care routine is something you end up liking. They sell some of it at Sephora and the full line at Beautylish or Deciem.
(01-09-2018, 11:04 PM)maldita Wrote: I am interested in this topic so please keep posting. I'm turning 40 and have not been really into any skin regime. I have started using moisturiser with SPF since moving to the UK because winter makes me flaky. I've also started using vaseline lip balm. I drink a lot of water (I have an 8 litre Brita water dispenser in my office and at home. My meds make me sooooo thirsty.). As I'm new to skin care, I'd love to know how you take care of yours. I've not been very good with mine because I had bad acne growing up and this was cleared by roaccutane but with all the scars, I did not see any point in being fussy about it. I'm just glad the acne is gone. But now I am getting old, I am becoming more conscious and don't want to look like a hag when I turn 40.

Maldita,
I swear by the DIY vitamin C serum that you can make at home.
Nothing i have used has ever come close to how this makes my skin look.
In my experience (many many years) I have found the best things are right in your refrigerator.
cheers!
Call me old fashioned but drinking water all day is # 1

# 2:   I started early in my 20's - wash face and neck area with Oil of Olay soap, pat dry and using a headband to keep my hair back, gently rub the Oil of Olay creme into your skin.  Cost for soap and Olay is about 10$ a month.
Almost 30 years of this before bed and I don't have any laugh lines or squint lines.  I started early as a way to remove my make up and it just turned into a routine!

Slick
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Why does the ability to pm have any thing to do with proper skin care?

Great tips Slick!
Is this banned beauty product the secret to great skin?: https://nypost.com/2018/01/12/is-this-ba...reat-skin/

I haven't tried this, but found out it costs about $28.
(01-13-2018, 02:20 AM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Is this banned beauty product the secret to great skin?: https://nypost.com/2018/01/12/is-this-ba...reat-skin/

I haven't tried this, but found out it costs about $28.
This product is very popular in the skin care community. I've never tried it personally because it's more of an effort to obtain, but I'll probably try it eventually due to it's cult following.
My 95 year old grandmother always used Dove soap and her face skin looked great.

Sudsy
(08-29-2017, 09:16 PM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Drink nothing but water during the day.

You speak truth. Water is one of many keys to life. A few years back I quit drinking soda and now only drink water, unsweetened tea, and on occasion a small glass of juice. Skin has improved. 

I've read good tings about both Vitamin D and E. I found that less meat actually yields better skin as well, so lots of fruits and vegetables. 

While not a supplement less stress and anger helps too. Thank you.
(01-31-2018, 08:42 PM)thegreaseman Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 09:16 PM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Drink nothing but water during the day.

You speak truth. Water is one of many keys to life. A few years back I quit drinking soda and now only drink water, unsweetened tea, and on occasion a small glass of juice. Skin has improved. 

I've read good tings about both Vitamin D and E. I found that less meat actually yields better skin as well, so lots of fruits and vegetables. 

While not a supplement less stress and anger helps too. Thank you.

I'm convinced stress is the sole villain fighting against my skin, haha. If I could get that area of my life under control I would love to see if my skin changes.