Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAS ANYONE WIRED $ MG OR WU ONLINE?
Mr. or Miss Dub, Thanks for the input! I too am an MG guy only! Read about to many issues with the other. If you have read back further I love the small ethnic, usually Mexican out here markets. They send money all over the place as Nebraska is the Beef state and also a lot of hog's and poultry, so we draw people from all over to work in the processing plants. Never a single question! Merry Christmas!!!-FF
(08-25-2017, 12:30 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: Thanks for the advice, it seems as though there are conflicting opinions? Would a gambling debt too a foreign exchange student who visited the state for a while be a decent explanation ? Thanks You All-FF

Hi fishfarmer, I told MG that my sponsored foreign-exchange student was studying in another place once. I had to leave my house and go to pharmacy where MG was and talk to woman on phone. Went through, but was not a pleasant experience. Haven't done it since. 

My bank has NEVER cooperated, would not help with WU either. I used to go to grocery store for WU. Grocery store was better b/c it was mostly kids who don't care what you're doing. But, when asked (not often), I again was sponsoring over seas young person with their education.  I don't know about gambling debt. But, either way, hope it works for you. 

My fav guy worked with me as my kitten doc. He took my birthday cards, too. Couldn't have been easier. 

As an aside, I think I have to start a thread to ask what happened to my vet, but I think I should wait until I have 50 posts.
I've always used MG in-person as it was what was advised for me to do and I have heard on here and elsewhere they most definitely will ring you up for online transactions. I was nervous going in person because I thought they might ask me what the money was for but they just asked me if I knew the receiver personally because they are worried about scammers. A simple "yes" was all that was required for the transfer to go through without hassle and they didn't even ask what it was for.

Sorry that this post is mostly just parroting information, but if you do go in-person you won't have anything to worry about is what i'm ensuring you of! I can get kind of agoraphobic too, but just do it! The probability of being interrogated on the phone is what got me out the door.
(02-23-2018, 04:41 AM)vanSpiff Wrote: I've always used MG in-person as it was what was advised for me to do and I have heard on here and elsewhere they most definitely will ring you up for online transactions. I was nervous going in person because I thought they might ask me what the money was for but they just asked me if I knew the receiver personally because they are worried about scammers. A simple "yes" was all that was required for the transfer to go through without hassle and they didn't even ask what it was for.

Sorry that this post is mostly just parroting information, but if you do go in-person you won't have anything to worry about is what i'm ensuring you of! I can get kind of agoraphobic too, but just do it! The probability of being interrogated on the phone is what got me out the door.

I completely agree with vanSpiff on this one. I too have had the same experience using MG. Appreciate the details too!

Xfizzler
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
Way too much trouble doing it online, I always just take a drive to whatever surrounding cash checking location in my area... super easy
"If you are at peace, you are living in the present" 
I'm not sure if I'm being naive, or fatalistic, or lazy - or whatever! - but I've connected my bank accounts to WU and do all my transfers from the comfort of home.   No invasive questions, no dealing with machines in convenience stores, all very calm and quiet.
WU draws the funds from my Credit Card and adds a $12(?) fee for the privilege of doing so and the money is available overseas in minutes.  
During my last transaction, I was very pleased to find that there is a new option to draw the funds from my Savings Account - at a reduced fee of  $7.
I have come to terms with the fact that the procuring of goods costs more money and takes more time than I would like.  
But the fact that I can purchase at all is a blessing.

And, quite frankly, Bitcoin is beyond me.
Does anyone else remember the days of sending cheques in the mail ?
(HaHa! How funny. My spellcheck didn't recognize the word 'cheque'.  NOW I feel old!)
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
Well maybe don't tie all your bank accounts to a Payment method. If u read: hxxp://www.paypalsucks.com, if it is still up, it makes it clear that the PP form of payment does regular cleaning of your account. Which means a three month freeze on it. If you have a questionable sending or receiving history, ur acct can be frozen.

I surely hope i am wrong. Maybe they changed it cuz so many complained. But they complain to better business bureaus which charges one money to make a complaint. Or, it did a couple yrs back. And the workers on BBB pay to be on there.

Maybe some got upset and fixed this inequality. But i am not so sure. Be careful. Have an account just for such purposes if u can.

Frankly, i was too afraid to use paypal more than about once a year for other purposes. I cannot have my banking on freeze.

Please correct me if the older paypal rules are not still in effect. you know, the three month freezes even if nothing is wrong.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
Sage advice, Charon.
I have small & separate accounts, whose sole function is to feed into WU & PayPal as required.
(Uggghhh.....PayPal. I'm sure we all have a story or two to tell about their shenanigans.)

With Rule 11 in mind (No payment methods), I haven't seen a PP option, but if it does exist I'd never use it. 
A direct link between my bank account and a vendor is just an open invitation for getting the type of attention that no-one needs.
There's tremendous comfort knowing that WU transactions are retrieved as physical cash at the other end.
Any connection to me evaporates as the cash is carried further out into the warm and balmy night....   Smile
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
wise choices. stay safe.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
Still just an MG Guy as I have to call my bank if I am to make an international trans action and they ask a lot of ?, I do not care for that!
Best to YOU ALL!-FF