Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAS ANYONE WIRED $ MG OR WU ONLINE?
I never did it online, always at a local business in person. Usually required to anyway.
Verdict is in! I will stick with the local ethnic markets, no questions, no B.S. Have a Great Weekend-FF
I used WU for first time recently.  Not that bad.  I did get a call from them to confirm my identity.  They did also ask some interrogating questions like:
  • How did you hear about this person you are sending money to? (A friend)
  • Has your friend sent money to this person before? (Yes)
  • What is it you are buying from this gentleman? (Research Papers)
After that she said it would be approved and sent in 1-3 days... Here is to hoping!

K_Dub
I was just told that it would be better to tell them it is for a "Gift" or "Charity" if they ask...
This is good advice ! Thank you Kdub ! Shy
Just thought that I would chime in that my favorite method is MG, and I prefer Walmart as the place to carry it out. CVS (as well as a bunch of mom and pop stores) also do them, but in CVS you have to get on a phone or some nonsense like that. I found that the people who do them at WM are not nosey at all. I have the feeling that they were told to refrain from being that way. The price has also gone way down over the years. I much prefer it to using the computer for such a transaction, but that is just me. Cheers.
Even MORE great advice from Rafterman ! Thank you..
I'm trying to learn sooo much. Next lesson is bitc0ins. Ugh... Blush
Thank you, Nikka! You are very nice. Bitcoin's are in a world unto themselves. Master them, and you have a way to save a bundle. I mean like 40 or 50% on some purchases. More and more "legit" sites are accepting them. I had someone walk me through the first time and had no problem with my first two attempts (which were my only two attempts, thus far). My wife scoffed at the idea of getting "walked through", boldly stating that she could easily learn how through a tutorial instead. My wife has a brilliant mind and is 5 credit-semester hours away from her master's in nursing, yet you would think that she was trying to do quantum physic's when trying to get a handle on how BC's work. Don't let that discourage you, though. It's not all that difficult. Once you get your 50, PM me and I can give you some tips. Have a wonderful day.  RM
This is a great offer, thank you so much. I will indeed after my 50!
Have a peaceful day Rolleyes
(12-04-2017, 02:08 PM)Rafterman Wrote: Thank you, Nikka! You are very nice. Bitcoin's are in a world unto themselves. Master them, and you have a way to save a bundle. I mean like 40 or 50% on some purchases. More and more "legit" sites are accepting them. I had someone walk me through the first time and had no problem with my first two attempts (which were my only two attempts, thus far). My wife scoffed at the idea of getting "walked through", boldly stating that she could easily learn how through a tutorial instead. My wife has a brilliant mind and is 5 credit-semester hours away from her master's in nursing, yet you would think that she was trying to do quantum physic's when trying to get a handle on how BC's work. Don't let that discourage you, though. It's not all that difficult. Once you get your 50, PM me and I can give you some tips. Have a wonderful day.  RM

Mastering BTC really could be a 3 semester hour course - It's probably not long before such courses are offered.  Some CS curriculums include courses on blockchain, but none I've seen cover BTC itself...I do know I spent a good two weeks reading and testing before making my first BTC purchase, then correctly transferring and spending them.

Sigh.  If I'd only left them sitting in the wallet I first purchased them to, I'd have been able to retire this year.  BTC were trading at  <> $1,200 / 1 BTC at the time, as of this moment they are trading for $11,500 / 1 BTC.  First I missed out on the Google IPO, now this.

Everyone keep that in mind before asking me for investment advice ;-)
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil