Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAS ANYONE WIRED $ MG OR WU ONLINE?
JUST KIND OF A COMPUTER CAVEMAN AND IT WOULD BE NICE TOO DO AS I AM A LONG WAY FROM THE FOLKS WHO OFFER THESE SERVICES. WILL THE BANK BLOCK THE TRANSFER LIKE THEY OFTEN DO WHEN USING DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS FOR INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES, ARE THE SITES EASY AND USER FRIENDLY? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL-FF
i advise against using this services online.

some banks will block it and others don't.

But online you most certainly will be interrogated by phone from MG or WU. And in the end they usualy don't do the transfer. We have to remember their services are not meant for this businesses.

i can tell you about my personal experience:
i use WU in a bank agency (it's not my bank) and they ask me nothingCool
(08-23-2017, 01:49 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: JUST KIND OF A COMPUTER CAVEMAN AND IT WOULD BE NICE TOO DO AS I AM A LONG WAY FROM THE FOLKS WHO OFFER THESE SERVICES. WILL THE BANK BLOCK THE TRANSFER LIKE THEY OFTEN DO WHEN USING DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS FOR INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES, ARE THE SITES EASY AND USER FRIENDLY? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL-FF

For some reason, I appear to be an exception. I have always done my transactions with WU online and using a debit cd without any problems. I have been grilled by them in the past, but for a good while now, all is good to go.

I know from what most are sayin', it's better to go to WU to send and also less expensive than doin' it online, but for some it's hard to get around.

Also, back when I did have problems gettin' transfers approved, I'd wait a couple of days and try to send online again. The 2nd time it would go thru with no hassle. Go figure?

All you could do is give it a try. If they give you trouble, get your refund and try goin' to WU or MG. You just never know and you might get lucky.

Good luck!

Cricket
(08-23-2017, 02:21 AM)alexandrema Wrote: i advise against using this services online.

But online you most certainly will be interrogated by phone from MG or WU. And in the end they usualy don't do the transfer. We have to remember their services are not meant for this businesses.

All banks do is text you to ensure it's you who's made the payment.  It's down to MG/WU to knock it back as they're transferring the cash
That's interesting because my experience is the opposite of Saccade's. So clearly the situation is very variable. I actively avoid both MG and WU as methods of payment because it always seems to cause a problem. But that's just my experience - clearly if it never worked then vendors wouldn't use MG/WU as a method of payment! But for me I just got tired of wasting my time.
(08-23-2017, 07:01 AM)Sunglassesron Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 02:21 AM)alexandrema Wrote: i advise against using this services online.

All banks do is text you to ensure it's you who's made the payment.  It's down to MG/WU to knock it back as they're transferring the cash

you didn't understood what i wrote.
the first time i referred to banks was about blocking or not a credit card transaction online. I think the rest is understandable.
I've used WU online once and had no problem whatsoever... They said the transaction was to be confirmed which worried me but then 2 minutes later I had confirmation it was all good. I am in EU though, not sure if that affects things. There are certain limits which are quite reasonable below which you can supposedly remain "anonymous".
Thanks for the advice, it seems as though there are conflicting opinions? Would a gambling debt too a foreign exchange student who visited the state for a while be a decent explanation ? Thanks You All-FF
I would recommend taking cash in hand to to either a WU or MG place (here it is Walmart or a grocery store). You fill out a form, hand them cash and it's done. Online I had too many phone calls & a declined transaction after answering all their probing questions. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
I don't have a grand master plan, but I try to be thoughtful when I can and also silly. It's part of the fun.

(08-26-2017, 04:20 AM)reilli Wrote: I would recommend taking cash in hand to to either a WU or MG place (here it is Walmart or a grocery store). You fill out a form, hand them cash and it's done. Online I had too many phone calls & a declined transaction after answering all their probing questions. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

I hear ya reilli. Sometimes it makes no difference how good your story of reason for sendin' funds is, it just won't work. I guess it also depends on the jerk at WU or MG handlin' the transfer. Some seem more gung ho than others. Maybe that's why I had better luck my 2nd try at sendin' online. Who knows their process. It's just dumb luck I guess.

Thankfully I have had very good luck online. It's a major undertaking for me to go to WU personally, so online is much easier on my old body. But, I feel the noose is tightenin' on everything and it will only get worse. They are paintin' us into a corner, but some way somehow, business will go on I PRAY!

BTW reilli, how's my baby boy doin'?

Cricket