Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion - Points to Access Certain Vendors & ETC.
(08-23-2017, 10:12 PM)G.Elias Wrote: ...why try and fix something that is not broken ?

This,
What we have works 99,99% fine and wil be for a looooooong time.

Cheers,
Kristof. Smile
Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.
I was simply offering suggestions to see what others thought, no ill harm or anything intended, just ideas I thought of that may or may not work here. Of course my suggestions were flawed, they were simple suggestions without going into any intricate detail. I have just seen things like I suggested boost a forums activity by at least 25% in the past. This forum is very active and very nice. I didn't once think or insinuate it was broken in any way. I just was not aware that the forum wasn't really open for suggestions for new features and would to be kept as is and I apologize if it seemed like I thought the forum was broken or not active enough in any way. I must admit after reading some of the replies I received, I will likely attempt to keep my ideas and suggestions to myself a little more. Thanks to everyone for reading and replying.  Smile

(08-22-2017, 06:23 PM)Charon Wrote: We have members post their first fifty posts so we can get to know if we trust them.  If all goes well, then the fifty post count allows them to see certain more vendors.

Further, one then obtains 150 posts, no more than ten a day after ur first fifty, wherein one can see our most restricted vendors.

For each post u make, or thread, u earn one point toward your post count.

We have seen people get to 150 posts and more, and still have to be banned because they suddenly decided to vend from an atrocious country.  Without permission.

I read every post as do most of my senior and pioneer members on here. Based on your posts, we vote and decide if you are allowed to remain a member and get access to our most important info.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I am sure you made wonderful ones.  But, I have been at the helm of many a forum for almost a quarter of a century.

I study people.  Their words.  Their actions.  So we want to see a new member make fifty posts.  then, 150 posts.  So, we can understand his or her character.

I was originally gonna be a psychiatrist because i study the human mind.  But, when my older sister vivisected a baby pig, I decided to become a doctor of law.

I can learn a lot about people posting on this forum from their posts.  From other members.

Thank you for the ideas though.

Very well understood Charon. You have made some excellent points and there is truth behind what you have said. Smile
I think everyone would be more open to suggestions after a member has been here awhile....even a little while Wink

Good try...too early.

Do appreciate that you put some effort into it.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
(08-25-2017, 04:07 PM)Popster Wrote: I think everyone would be more open to suggestions after a member has been here awhile....even a little while Wink

Good try...too early.

Do appreciate that you put some effort into it.

Very true Popster, never thought of it though. Just some things that popped into my mind and I thought I'd share. I am a down to earth person that's typically laid back and tries to avoid drama at all costs but you're correct, they don't know me well here yet. But on the other hand, a senior member could have ill intentions as well as a new member could.
Never occurred to me that you had bad intentions..your post did not indicate that in any way.

Keep on trucking
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
(08-22-2017, 06:23 PM)Charon Wrote: We have members post their first fifty posts so we can get to know if we trust them.  If all goes well, then the fifty post count allows them to see certain more vendors.

Further, one then obtains 150 posts, no more than ten a day after ur first fifty, wherein one can see our most restricted vendors.

For each post u make, or thread, u earn one point toward your post count.

We have seen people get to 150 posts and more, and still have to be banned because they suddenly decided to vend from an atrocious country.  Without permission.

I read every post as do most of my senior and pioneer members on here. Based on your posts, we vote and decide if you are allowed to remain a member and get access to our most important info.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I am sure you made wonderful ones.  But, I have been at the helm of many a forum for almost a quarter of a century.

I study people.  Their words.  Their actions.  So we want to see a new member make fifty posts.  then, 150 posts.  So, we can understand his or her character.

I was originally gonna be a psychiatrist because i study the human mind.  But, when my older sister vivisected a baby pig, I decided to become a doctor of law.

I can learn a lot about people posting on this forum from their posts.  From other members.

Thank you for the ideas though

I cannot think of a better worded reply. Charon alwayz amazing with your words.

Az iz please for now.

With people like Charon got your back like this I agree why fix if not broken.

Peace All
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
I just wanted to say that the 50 post seems fair. It will have almost taken me 2 years to achieve this and then who knows how much longer to get to 150. I just hope that there really are a significant amount of more vendors opened up as there are only a handful for the general users. Not to say these vendors are not reliable, it would just be nice to have more options in the open like the old days.
But we can no longer have more options in the open. This has been proven time and again by what happened to vendors in the open at PR. DBG. and, here. Too much info is put up. Is shared with people from other forums. The vendor's payment method goes down. The vendor goes down.

These are very much not like the old days at all. My Lord, we have witnessed the most remarkable of changes in last years.

It will never be the same. Never be as easy. Because too many people were booted from medical care. Went on forums. And without rules and regs, gave up vendor info.

The gvt is dead set on making this lifestyle as difficult as possible. Does not matter how sick we are. Our choices are now few.

We have some awesome, responsible vendors, but it can no longer be in the open.

U can do ten posts a day. Put up music songs. Funny pics. Photos. U can get there.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
God do I miss the good ole' days! we have all been beaten down so many times so many ways,we just want to live our lives the way WE want too. happy and PAIN-FREE!!-(is that too much to ask for nowadays?)