Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunesta Withdrawal almost as much as benzos ?
Second night passed without Lunesta ( stoped cause killed my libido, metal taste and after 8 months, at 3mg per night, only gave me 4 or 5 hours of sleep ) . I feel like crap. Insomnia is worst than before, like I don't really sleep, at least not REM sleep. Extremely tired, depressed, some anxiety. Ironically, some of my libido is back ( but to tired for use it Smile

Not using any bezos at this time, but thinking on xanax for this tonight and taking doxepin ( 6 mg per night plus melatonin ) . Anyone have any tip ? how long this crappy withdrawal will last ?  I can't believe FDA tell that this thing can be use it as a chronic treatment for insomnia. The lack of energy is total, even typing this is not an easy task .
I have PTSD diagnosis along with some others. I would suffer great insomnia if it wasn't for the powerful Quetiapine/Seroquel. Sounds like you have a real battle on your hands.
I dont have much to offer, I hope someone picks up your post and helps. I think if it were me I also would use xanax or diazepam to get through. Another double edge sword as it caused a few problems if used for years to help with sleep, ie....insomnia. 
For me I am blasted to sleep with Quetiapine/Seroquel, once used to it feel fine in the days. 

Again I hope some real options are offered in your thread. Good luck.  Heart
Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom) worked well for me and my S.O.
Lunesta knocked me out but like you, couldn't handle that metallic taste.
Halcion (Triazolam) works well and Ambien.
Hope you find something.
Lunesta and the other z-drugs are basically benzos that strongly target the sleep-inducing benzodiazepine receptors. If you've been taking it for 8 months, I would strongly recommend tapering your dosage rather than quitting cold-turkey.
Lunesta withdrawals are nothing compared to benzo withdrawals. Stick it out and you will be fine. If you take Xanax, you will be opening up a whole other can of worms. All I can say is this. If you take Xanax, limit it to just before bed. If you do that, you don't suffer the same fate as people like me who started off on sleeping meds and when then didn't work, switched to the harder benzos and I now am stuck relying on benzos during the day.