Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking question
Is it unusual for tracking not to report unbound and outbound movements through customs? The last order I had tracking on never mentioned going through customs. I thought it was odd.
That depends from the ccountry , but generally speaking there should be at last one movement into or out of customs. It can happen , but it is always good to see your buird moving away from customs .
(07-06-2017, 08:17 PM)nickolyko Wrote: That depends from the ccountry , but generally speaking there should be at last one movement into or out of customs. It can happen , but it is always good to see your buird moving away from customs .

You'd think so, but it never reported any contact with customs at all and it arrived fine. A little disconcerting...
as general rule i try not to use tracked since in many cases it requires signature, either way once you know approximate time id usually count from day its away and give it 2-5 days window depending on how busy month season is in general.

that said tracked is useful to get exact date,but as mentioned depending on country even best of countries can skip few scans ,in many cases you can see one from when its handed in before departing,and then usually when its in your local po or some distribution hub close by.
As long as your package turns up I really wouldn't worry. It'll be something administrative that's all.
My packages used to say that. Now occasionally they show arrival at ISC and then sometimes outbound customs. Other times it shows the ISC arrival and then a few days to a week later updates arrival at unit. Which is my local PO. It's at my door that day. Or you could be like my last package and have it sit in LA ISC for 3 weeks and then get a LL in the mail. Sad . Yah that happened to me this week. My very first LL. After over 10 years of ordering I got one. I tossed it in the trash and am now waiting for a reship. Let's hope it goes through. Thinking good thoughts. Smile
"Love your life and love others around you"
(07-09-2017, 09:58 PM)solarpunch Wrote: My packages used to say that. Now occasionally they show arrival at ISC and then sometimes outbound customs. Other times it shows the ISC arrival and then a few days to a week later updates arrival at unit. Which is my local PO. It's at my door that day. Or you could be like my last package and have it sit in LA ISC for 3 weeks and then get a LL in the mail. Sad . Yah that happened to me this week. My very first LL. After over 10 years of ordering I got one. I tossed it in the trash and am now waiting for a reship. Let's hope it goes through. Thinking good thoughts. Smile

ouch ll sucks specially after such a long stretch, anyway good thoughts that it will be ok.
It really is not unusual for a pkg to not to pass through cu$t0ms...

Sometimes they go right from ISC to the destination with no stoppage there at all Smile
Which is indeed great!

I'm not sure what prods them to send them to cu$t0ms, because I've had several pkgs that passed thru C and others(exactly the same) never hit it after ISC ...

Our "system" Go figure...

Ice

(07-05-2017, 04:52 PM)WhichBlair Wrote: Is it unusual for tracking not to report unbound and outbound movements through customs? The last order I had tracking on never mentioned going through customs. I thought it was odd.
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Where I am we don't get any mention of inbound or outbound customs,sometimes I'm glad of that,when something hasn't arrived in say 10 days thats when I get concernd,bad luck getting the LL solarpunch,same thing happened to me recently,my 2nd in about 10 years,sometimes that luck runs out,some just can't afford to be running out of luck,many here can't I bet.

Probably best thing to try and do johnw4,I wouldn't go try and claim it should be yours,best to try and move on,hope you found some place else if not successful with a reship?
My recent deliveries have not shown the typical inbound and outbound out of customs. Just that it arrived at isc(xxx)
I got all of them except my last one which has been sitting in customs for 10 days and I am getting worried.