Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
Yep, just "searched" (almost used the website's name there) my username and then username and a certain medication. The username alone resulted in 2 links to boards here, but not my specific comments. The user name and medication brought up one of my very personal posts. I've worked on cases regarding this search engine and should have known better. I will never mention a medication on a thread again. Thanks to Charon for letting us know about this and to everyone else for their valuable input. I wish that I had read her post earlier. 

I have worked on several HIPPA cases and the way the search engine is getting around HIPPA compliance is by using our user names, not our real identities. Also, our posts do not meet the legal definition of "medical records." There have been several class actions brought against the company for HIPPA violations, and reading through the case law, this has to be how they are able to do it.

I guess the rule should be pick a unique user name that can't be traced back to you and, as Charon said, be very careful with what you say. Wait until you have hit your 50 posts and then PM/DM. Once it's on the Internet, it's there for good, unless you have the money to hire someone to erase you entirely from the Internet, which actually is not a bad idea.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google will print every question on meds u ask - by Muzicatty - 07-22-2017, 10:08 AM