Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
(11-06-2016, 04:11 AM)mysterious503 Wrote: Yeah this is ridiculous. Whatever you search on Google also just happens to pop up as ads on many of the websites we visit. Might be helpful for some people. Not when I search for dickies and buy some clothes then every other site I go to has a dickies ad. Thanks I just bought some already.

Install uBlock and Disconnect and already Google will lose the potential of targeted advertising. Although now, they nicely, because of Snowden I guess, let you modify parameters regarding how personalized your searches are. I got into my account...which unfortunately is my youtube account since a while as everyone here must know, and then ventured away from youtube and saw how you could disable a bunch of things you couldn't before when related to search.

Basically though, doing all your searching on duckduckgo and ixquick/startpage should be enough, when I do have to use google, well, all their crap is blocked, except on the few sites that use googleapis, with NoScript I'm able to block google-analytics and a lot of other things like that from third parties, but googleapis, unless the site owner gets thrown a red dangerous page of death warning for no reason, like on some other forum I visit, it wasn't long until the site worked again (Firefox, Chromium, Chrome, Opera...all wouldn't let you in because it used googleapis and google determined it was a nefarious site when it wasn't...the site was back the next day saying "Google is retarded, news at 11" and they had removed googleapis from their toolkit and have something of their own that they fixed real fast thankfully. Now, if only more places would do that. googleapis is the only tracker one cannot entirely block because it breaks many sites using it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google will print every question on meds u ask - by CryptsOfEternity - 11-08-2016, 07:26 PM