Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
Yeah this is ridiculous. Whatever you search on Google also just happens to pop up as ads on many of the websites we visit. Might be helpful for some people. Not when I search for dickies and buy some clothes then every other site I go to has a dickies ad. Thanks I just bought some already.
(11-06-2016, 04:11 AM)mysterious503 Wrote: Yeah this is ridiculous. Whatever you search on Google also just happens to pop up as ads on many of the websites we visit. Might be helpful for some people. Not when I search for dickies and buy some clothes then every other site I go to has a dickies ad. Thanks I just bought some already.

Install uBlock and Disconnect and already Google will lose the potential of targeted advertising. Although now, they nicely, because of Snowden I guess, let you modify parameters regarding how personalized your searches are. I got into my account...which unfortunately is my youtube account since a while as everyone here must know, and then ventured away from youtube and saw how you could disable a bunch of things you couldn't before when related to search.

Basically though, doing all your searching on duckduckgo and ixquick/startpage should be enough, when I do have to use google, well, all their crap is blocked, except on the few sites that use googleapis, with NoScript I'm able to block google-analytics and a lot of other things like that from third parties, but googleapis, unless the site owner gets thrown a red dangerous page of death warning for no reason, like on some other forum I visit, it wasn't long until the site worked again (Firefox, Chromium, Chrome, Opera...all wouldn't let you in because it used googleapis and google determined it was a nefarious site when it wasn't...the site was back the next day saying "Google is retarded, news at 11" and they had removed googleapis from their toolkit and have something of their own that they fixed real fast thankfully. Now, if only more places would do that. googleapis is the only tracker one cannot entirely block because it breaks many sites using it.
(11-08-2016, 08:11 PM)jwiedenfeld Wrote: Unfortunately all traffic is collected upstream at the switch trunks in the telco CO.

Encryption or die and even then there is a faction (myself included) who isn't so sure.

I'm aware of all this. Sorry but I'm giving the average non-criminal's best way to have a non personalized virgin newly-connected internet experience.

Of course I know about the USS Jimmy Carter which is an NSA submarine which has guys going outside the sub and plugging diversion cables to underwater cables going from a country to another not part of the 14 eyes.

Of course all my internet browsing and email is encrypted. The only annoyance is, although I convinced 5 friends to do it, was to add the OTR plugin to Pidgin, so we can use our Facebook chat buddy list without logging into facebook and have 4096 bit end-to-end encryption, and if you go on Facebook and look at the apparently new messages, they show up as "encrypted session". This stuff's been around since 2011.

My main point is that some people go batshit about how self-important they are so of course the NSA/GCHQ/CSEC (Hi there!) is making a profile of them out of the practically impossible to completely decipher (in over thousands of years), they already have trouble with video chat, deciphering that is a lot of data that has to be coupled with voice data. So, use an alternative to Skype (and obviously not Yahoo Messenger or Google Hangouts), there's many out there, hell, Skype used to be just that. I remember when I used Skype back in 2000 when they were a "call anywhere in Canada and the US for free through your computer microphone and speakers to make calls.

Of course I'm aware of upstream, but as ex employees Russel Tice, Bill Binney, Kirk Wiebe, THOMAS DRAKE, Diane Roark (and I know I'm forgetting a couple here) had everything they claimed confirmed by Snowden. And it's not about national security, it's about milking the government for contracts, whether the ending product works or not is not even important, see Trailblazer, instead of the Constitution of the USA and Bill of Rights respecting work of Bill Binney in his THINTHREAD program, which was extremely efficient, did not infringe on Americans' privacy and actually worked. Trailblazer was a boondoggle and never worked, Mike Hayden is a fucking idiot (excuse my language), and I'm glad he's gone from government, his tenure in the CIA being short enough that...who am I kidding, the people are all about to riot, or were because of the NSA, but the CIA has gone back to its old tricks with Obama, there was a period from Carter to even Dubya where the CIA was limited and could not spy or propagandize in America, but propaganda was legalized in 2012, on Americans, so voice of America is directed to you as much as it is some European countries, same with REFRL.
With big brother always watcing nobody claims free or safe. Google is worst of all browsers maybe firefox is better. But Tor is far the best of all browsers and if you have VPN it is a lot better.
And our safety comes first. I have bad experience on this but I dont want to talk now about it, and I have to suggest that rules dont come out of the head of someone who wants to make life hard on members. Rules come out of experience and wisdom. Before we write something on the net lets think and be sure that what we write in privacy can be easy pray on the hands of those who spy and are against personal freedom to choose and follow our way of life. But freedom always wins at the end so lets be optimistic and fight for it. After all better live free for some time than be a slave for ever.
Just thought I'd, "reignite" this thread for any new members of the family. I cant beleave its the first time i've actually seem this thread myself, but I already knew thats how it works, I've even seen my own "screenname" come up when I've done a g00gle search!!

Perhaps the first post of this thread should be made into a, "sticky" and put up in the rules section?!

Just a thought...

Smile
Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path...
And leave a trail... of Love, Laughter and Understanding.
(06-28-2017, 11:42 AM)Izzy76 Wrote: Just thought I'd, "reignite" this thread for any new members of the family. I cant beleave its the first time i've actually seem this thread myself, but I already knew thats how it works, I've even seen my own "screenname" come up when I've done a g00gle search!!

Perhaps the first post of this thread should be made into a, "sticky" and put up in the rules section?!

Just a thought...

Smile

agreed, def a mandatory rule
47           "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" - The Joker           47
WOW, Thanks for the information.
Sudsy .  Where have you been, good to see you.

Hope all is ok in ur world.
Yep, just "searched" (almost used the website's name there) my username and then username and a certain medication. The username alone resulted in 2 links to boards here, but not my specific comments. The user name and medication brought up one of my very personal posts. I've worked on cases regarding this search engine and should have known better. I will never mention a medication on a thread again. Thanks to Charon for letting us know about this and to everyone else for their valuable input. I wish that I had read her post earlier. 

I have worked on several HIPPA cases and the way the search engine is getting around HIPPA compliance is by using our user names, not our real identities. Also, our posts do not meet the legal definition of "medical records." There have been several class actions brought against the company for HIPPA violations, and reading through the case law, this has to be how they are able to do it.

I guess the rule should be pick a unique user name that can't be traced back to you and, as Charon said, be very careful with what you say. Wait until you have hit your 50 posts and then PM/DM. Once it's on the Internet, it's there for good, unless you have the money to hire someone to erase you entirely from the Internet, which actually is not a bad idea.
Just use the local lingo Friend, we all have to participate here. As long as we do, there are no worries. Of course it sounds scary but we are all here to help. Filtering the trolls is the hard part, but I think Charon has pretty good judgement and has been taking care of all that. Big thank you to Charon!
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser