Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
This will not happen to someone like me who uses several Firefox add-ons that prevent this kind of thing.

I suggest using Firefox because it's got the widest and best add-on bank. If one install Disconnect,BetterPrivacy (for persisten LSO cookies) uBlock, Self-Destructing Cookies and most of all NoScript and set Firefox to delete all cookies when you turn it off and your internet will be like a virgin new connection. One has to learn how to use NoScript, the other add-ons I mentioned are easy to setup, but NoScript, is what matters the most, so you don't have googleanalytics and other google connections (and other unknown connections when going to a website, I say you're only going to one website, not 12 at once ugh..). The only thing I can't turn off because it breaks many sites relying on it is googleapis, but thankfully some sites have and are in the process of configuring their site without the need for googleapis.

I suggest X-Robots to the site owners. A forum I frequent since the late 90's is impossible to search and google crawlers cannot get to it because of that X-Robots or is X-NoRobots. You can't even do "site:fsdfsdfs.com search terms", it will return nothing at all.

Just some advice on how not to feed the google matrix by users and a small advice I've seen working elsewhere.

(09-13-2016, 02:33 AM)Linville Wrote: A mighty fine post Charon with  good solid advice.

Listen.

And there are several search engines that will not log the searches.

DuckDuckGo dot com

Startpage dot com

Do not use g o o g l e as your default engine they log everything .

Lots of layers to do as safety .

No need to make it so easy for them, .....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Especially the .onion version of DDG, gives a lot more worthwhile info. I've seen duckduckgo on the clearnet take a nosedive when it started associating with Yahoo.

Otherwise, I recommend also adding ixquick which is made by another good option, startpage. Ixquick has it's own indexing and a proxy available for every link found. Startpage is almost as good as the old scroogle, takes google results processes them, and delivers them to you. I got all 3 in my search engine box in Firefox anyway, even sometimes i'll use encrypted.google.com, but not for long and my security add-ons do the clean up when I close that tab.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google will print every question on meds u ask - by CryptsOfEternity - 10-04-2016, 05:52 PM