Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
Think there's lots of room to learn why there's so many reasons for our rules.
Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well. - Mark Twain
(09-21-2016, 09:43 PM)Cricket Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 06:36 PM)Charon Wrote: The supremes, aka the Supreme Court, allegedly just ruled fairly recently that all our phone and internet activities and words can legally be hacked by the government. Without a warrant.  (http://www.newsweek.com/supreme-court-al...ant-454278)

Now, of course we want some aspect of this ability to control t e r r o r  attacks, but we all know this power will be, is being, abused.

Ah, God bless America.

Doesn't anyone see what's goin' on? For the longest time, the government has wanted to have all the power to be able to rule every part of our lives. None of this could have been possible without an event like 9/11. So who really benefits here? BinLaden, Saddam or any other "terrorist"? Hardly. They were only an excuse used by our government to take everything away from us in order to "protect us". Please  Angry
Taking away our rights and freedoms were discussed yrs. before in a PNAC meeting where they knew none of this could happen without some serious event that took a lot of innocent people. So then we have 9/11 and a couple of perfect scape goats. Then the media beats the government story into our heads to take the blame off of the REAL culprits behind this. OUR OWN LEADERS.
Please wise up folks because our lives depend on it. Break out of their mind control and do your own research to find the REAL truth. There's SOOOOOO much evidence that proves their story is impossible. You just have to go and research it for yourself cause truth you will NEVER get from the government.

Steppin' off of my soapbox now, but I pray you non believers do some homework. The people that died on that terrible day deserve at least that much. Our biggest enemy is right here in this country. Word!
The sad thing is the (UN) P@tr1ot act was written in the '90's. Kinda funy how it passed right after thst Sept day, but written in full text years before!! Thats why $nowd3n isa hero, not a traitor (like our politicians) & war criminals aka bu$h & ch3ney.
It was in the works awhile. Cuz i was doing forums and wrote all these letters to senators, members, and again, only my niece would sign a petition against the change in laws.

I was told repeatedly it will never happen in America. Well, guess what.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(09-25-2016, 08:27 PM)Charon Wrote: It was in the works awhile.  Cuz i was doing forums and wrote all these letters to senators, members, and again, only my niece would sign a petition against the change in laws.

I was told repeatedly it will never happen in America.  Well, guess what.

Everything we see goin' on today was planned long ago. None of this happened by accident. The worst thing about it is, we ain't seen nothin' yet.

The German people said the same exact thing about Hitler. It can't happen here.
It's like many whistleblowers have said. The Nazis didn't lose the war. They just brought it over here.
Hitler wrote a book called "The New World Order". How many times did we hear Bush Sr. say we were ready for a "New World Order"?
History is absolutely repeating itself. Yet the American people choose to ignore the signs. It's not gonna happen here. It already has.

Cricket
This will not happen to someone like me who uses several Firefox add-ons that prevent this kind of thing.

I suggest using Firefox because it's got the widest and best add-on bank. If one install Disconnect,BetterPrivacy (for persisten LSO cookies) uBlock, Self-Destructing Cookies and most of all NoScript and set Firefox to delete all cookies when you turn it off and your internet will be like a virgin new connection. One has to learn how to use NoScript, the other add-ons I mentioned are easy to setup, but NoScript, is what matters the most, so you don't have googleanalytics and other google connections (and other unknown connections when going to a website, I say you're only going to one website, not 12 at once ugh..). The only thing I can't turn off because it breaks many sites relying on it is googleapis, but thankfully some sites have and are in the process of configuring their site without the need for googleapis.

I suggest X-Robots to the site owners. A forum I frequent since the late 90's is impossible to search and google crawlers cannot get to it because of that X-Robots or is X-NoRobots. You can't even do "site:fsdfsdfs.com search terms", it will return nothing at all.

Just some advice on how not to feed the google matrix by users and a small advice I've seen working elsewhere.

(09-13-2016, 02:33 AM)Linville Wrote: A mighty fine post Charon with  good solid advice.

Listen.

And there are several search engines that will not log the searches.

DuckDuckGo dot com

Startpage dot com

Do not use g o o g l e as your default engine they log everything .

Lots of layers to do as safety .

No need to make it so easy for them, .....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Especially the .onion version of DDG, gives a lot more worthwhile info. I've seen duckduckgo on the clearnet take a nosedive when it started associating with Yahoo.

Otherwise, I recommend also adding ixquick which is made by another good option, startpage. Ixquick has it's own indexing and a proxy available for every link found. Startpage is almost as good as the old scroogle, takes google results processes them, and delivers them to you. I got all 3 in my search engine box in Firefox anyway, even sometimes i'll use encrypted.google.com, but not for long and my security add-ons do the clean up when I close that tab.
Thanks for the info Crypts. I hadn't used Firefox in several years, but I took your advice. I also uninstalled several programs, but I can't seem to uninstall Chr0mium. I did some searches on how to uninstall these programs, but need to spend more time on it. These things stick like glue. Even though I have FF as my default browser, Chr0mium still comes up on startup with Startpage as the search engine.

Anyway, I do like using FF and all of their options for add-ons.
(10-05-2016, 07:01 PM)MoJim Wrote: Thanks for the info Crypts. I hadn't used Firefox in several years, but I took your advice. I also uninstalled several programs, but I can't seem to uninstall Chr0mium.  I did some searches on how to uninstall these programs, but need to spend more time on it. These things stick like glue. Even though I have FF as my default browser, Chr0mium still comes up on startup with Startpage as the search engine.

Anyway, I do like using FF and all of their options for add-ons.

First, to uninstall Chrome/Chromium, install the free version of CCleaner. Even the free version does pretty much what the paid version does. It's where I manage when in windows my programs, very easy to uninstall anything there, much faster than the Configuration Panel's Add/remove. Also CCleaner helps you clean your registry easily, and also, control what is in your startup programs list and disable/delete things that slow down your booting into Windows. It's a well known program available for both Windows and OSX.

If you use Windows, I understand you had not used Firefox in a while, because it was still a 32 bit program. When I boot into Windows 7 (I'm mostly a Linux person, but I keep a Windows partition for gaming, when I got the energy for it), I would use Waterfox in the past, it was a 64 bit version of Firefox that was maintained by a single person, but he did it well. Now that Firefox is 64 bits also for Windows (I think since June), it is much faster than it used to be.

Shun Chrome like the plague as it is inherent it will phone home no matter how many security/privacy add-ons/option switching. I recommend Opera as a second browser while one learns to use NoScript in Firefox, NoScript opens ones eyes that some sites have so much http sites connecting to one that is not not needed, what I recommend if it breaks a website, is to first allow the website's own javascript, and if that's not enough to enabled anything with CDN in it, that's content delivery links. Usually only those 2 need to be using javascript, everything else being analytics of your behaviour of some sort. Opera is good as a second browser because it's practically impossible to have the type of viruses coming from visiting a fishy website to get you. I even recommend Internet Explorer 11 over Chrome, as a safety wheel, if one doesn't like Opera.

I have Chromium in Linux, which is the "advanced" Chrome but my own personal privacy and security has several layers that I can use it as a second browser fine, although I hate that just like in windows, when turned on, if you look at your activity monitor (ctrl+alt+del for Windows), you'll see how chrome divides itself into 30 single processes, that's just stupid imo.
CCleaner sounds great, I'm assuming it's not a FF add on.

Your right about NoScripts and how it "opens ones eyes" I can't believe all the garbage trying to get in.

Self Destruct Cookies also opened my eyes, but it was fun watching g00gle cookies exploding Smile

Again thanks for the info and guidance.
Thanks for the helpful tips all! So much collectI've wisdom here. Nothing to add except gratitude. With the United Nations about to take over the net, heaven help us!
ICANN becoming international is not a bad thing, that's a major red herring compared to the real threats to the internet, everything from the time SOPA and PIPA that were shelved, well not everything, but a lot of that victory at destroying those "shelved" bills (thanks in a big part to Aaron Swartz, RIP brother) was included in that Cyberterrorism act which is just more fascism disguised as "protecting the children". Same with TISA, if that one is passed, signed and ratified, it will be horrendous, especially for my southern brothers and sisters.

At least Tom Wheeler (FCC Chairman) has forced in net neutrality (to the ire of Republicans in the house especially who unless they get (some study I read about American politics, congress critters will start to pay attention when 25 people call about about the same issue (that's an average), every single day, adding faxes and emails to that is good too, you got to be relentless, because no matter if Republican or Democrat, their agenda is decided by who funded them into position. The same reason why the really egregious "Let's be against everything Obama is for" recorded proof of their xenophobia/racism way back in early 2009, they forgot to mention how they will let the President do acts of war (which their handlers will tell them to) in the about 20 informal wars him and Bush before got you in, and forget they have to do a War Powers resolution after the 60 day executive window, so as not to soil their name like those who get, for good reason, scolded for voting on the Iraq War 2.