Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
(10-29-2016, 09:56 AM)CryptsOfEternity Wrote: If using, or even typing tor in a search engine to find where to download it, you better have a VPN connection right away, and not the first link you find while searching, hopefully not in google, for VPN service. Obviously subscribe to one that demands zero personal info, where 8 dollars worth of bitcoins gives you millitary grade 4096 bit encryption over openvpn. I'd recommend the one I'm using, but that muddies the water Wink

It's very possible to not be flagged as anybody worth snooping on. It demands discipline and one can be content in the fact that since Russell Tice told us, NSA sucks up EVERYTHING, they don't have the processing power to make neat wikipedia-like pages of everyone on their intranet. If you got a file over there, it's probably because another agency, such as one in your own country which is not the US, that's how they get around the not-spying-on-your-people-officially, that's what Echelon was about, those 5 eyes, which are really 14 eyes. I will link to the huge PDF file I was speaking of that compares VPN's so one can make an informed choice. My service is outside the jurisdiction of these 14 countries and only logs connections when a server has problems, which out of the 450 I can choose from, is not really an issue and my payment is made through an encrypted email service paid with bitcoins, with bitcoins.

IPBlock in Linux works wonderfully well with ipfilterX, a subscription service, used to be free, the guys been doing analytics since 2000 and providing .dat and .p2p files for both IPBlock and Peerblock if still using Windows.

Yeah, it's getting tougher mostly in the US, Bush Jr first erased parts of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, and the Republicans have been randomly using scissors on it in the house since they took everything away from Obama's control. The guy wasn't perfect, but in these kind of social issues for the local populace, he preferred to let you have cake.

I wish i2p would get more development, at least it's clean and wasn't a Navy's Intelligence project from the start like Tor, which is another reason to look into why gettting a VPN before even looking for Tor. And if you do get it, do not download the direct easy link, find the "Hardened" version.

I consider myself lucky to be up there, looking south is scary :S But I'm not a nefarious person, those tools can help nefarious people, I use them mostly for principle. Every connection blocked by IPBlock (gui for iptables) using ipfilterX while I'm on a VPN makes me chuckle, you'll see how those bots work and how they probe and try to insert themselves just to test, which for me gives them a big "resolving............................." with never any response. That list is also very useful if torrenting from home, removes all the bad guys, MAFIAA, RIAA etc. and obviously gives one faster speed while your torrent client rejects all connections from the list, which gets updated every 3 days or so, it's a good investment for a whole year I gotta say, was using them when they were still free 10 years ago. I also block 30 or so nations entirely from lists on i-blocklist.org, no racism, just noticed/know how many scanners and botnets are in those countries. There is such lists yes that can block an IP from a country from talking to your computer. I would add the USA but then it would break everything ;p

Some resources :

https://www.privacytools.io/

https://www.reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO/..._the_best/

https://www.reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO/...mniscient/

That subreddit in general is very good. And you don't have to be a computer wiz, it might take some 3-4 hours to get it done, but after that you got a clear mind.
Thanks for that info. I feel like a toddler on Wall Street when it comes to this information. So, it'll take awhile to research, digest and implement. You've definitely gotten me on the right track with food for thought. So glad to have you as a go to. You are definitely the tech expert Smile

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google will print every question on meds u ask - by Junia - 10-29-2016, 02:16 PM